I'm not sure. Make of it what you will. Personally I think they could have chosen some better personalities (or at least more players from different teams).

From the PA:

"Move over Hollywood�5 players are moving behind the camera for an all-access look at their lives off the ice. From the dressing room to their living room and beyond, The NHLPA Players' Playbook delivers exclusive videos shot by the NHL players themselves."

The players participating are Hartnell, his buddy Joffrey Lupul of the Toronto Maple Leafs; Marty Biron of the New York Rangers; Michael Grabner of the New York Islanders; and amateur film critic Bobby Ryan of the Anaheim Ducks.

So, basically, five personable goofballs we can vicariously live through. Awesome.

Besides having the potential for hijinks, this is also a big money deal between RIM and the NHLPA � yes, the timing is impeccable.
    from Puck Daddy and NHLPA Players' Playbook -- Meet The Worlds Toughest Directors
    01-26-12 02:55 PM
    Hey that's so cool, hopefully there will be some positive publicity here
    01-26-12 03:06 PM
    I think it sounds fun. Maybe Kane from the Blackhawks will join in and take a PB on a taxi ride.
    spike12 and Rob Robertson like this.
    01-26-12 03:11 PM
    I'm not sure. Make of it what you will. Personally I think they could have chosen some better personalities (or at least more players from different teams).

from Puck Daddy and NHLPA Players' Playbook -- Meet The Worlds Toughest Directors
    I think it's either an app, video-chatting with them, or exclusive web-videos in the Pod-casts app! Whatever it is it may bring more fame to the Playbook!
    01-26-12 03:25 PM
    I think it sounds fun. Maybe Kane from the Blackhawks will join in and take a PB on a taxi ride.
    ...and Timmy T can jump in with him and shout "driver - to the White House, and step on it".

Anyway, looks like fun and I'll keep an eye on it. Good for the PB.
    AugustArborists likes this.
    01-26-12 03:26 PM
    Glad Scotty had other things going on since he almost was totally snubbed from being an allstar! FLYERS FTW!
    01-26-12 05:13 PM
    ...and Timmy T can jump in with him and shout "driver - to the White House, and step on it".
    I can only see trouble ahead, especially if he moons it on the way past.
    01-26-12 06:24 PM
    Glad Scotty had other things going on since he almost was totally snubbed from being an allstar! FLYERS FTW!
    glad he didnt get snubbed. i mean, theres not a lot to hope for when your looking up in the standings at the "Broadway Blueshirts"!! LOL

Lets go Ran-gers!!!!!!!!!
    01-27-12 04:51 AM
    Update here:

Episodes are downloaded daily and edited into 90 second clips, which and are available for viewing at www.nhlpa.com/playbook
    02-23-12 04:33 PM
    Hartnell was filming with a PlayBook at the all star game last month.
    Last edited by RicThot; 02-23-12 at 05:41 PM.
    02-23-12 04:59 PM
    I'd like to see Hartnell or Ryan skate around with a playbook strapped to their helmet.
    02-23-12 05:15 PM
    Anyone else having grief getting the videos on this site to start on their PlayBook? If so (I am under OS 2.0) it must be a bit embarrassing since it's supposed to be a marketing tool for the PlayBook!

Otherwise the site is gorgeous!
    roger33-33 likes this.
    02-24-12 01:46 PM
    I'm not sure. Make of it what you will. Personally I think they could have chosen some better personalities (or at least more players from different teams). NHLPA Players' Playbook -- Meet The Worlds Toughest Directors
    Here are the PlayBook videos captured by these NHLPA players:

BlackBerry's Channel - YouTube
    02-24-12 02:11 PM
    Anyone else having grief getting the videos on this site to start on their PlayBook? If so (I am under OS 2.0) it must be a bit embarrassing since it's supposed to be a marketing tool for the PlayBook!

Otherwise the site is gorgeous!
    Agree...same problem here with 2 PlayBooks (ON os2).
    02-24-12 06:32 PM
    Cool! Marketing idea
    02-24-12 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD