Well i've been wondering for some time if you had a nhl gamecenter live subscription if it would work on PB, apparently it doesn't use silverlight, the HD quality is disgustingly awesome. So if you have a subscription you can use your pb, you can also stream it on your tv via the hdmi.

Aside from that I feel like this is going to take all night + tomorrow maybe longer to set everything up and try everything out, im puzzled that some people say "im bored with it already"

I've only had this for less than 2 hours, anyways, no complaints here so far, and if you have nhl gamecenter grats on the new streaming device

Happy playbook day
    04-19-11 06:30 PM
    Just had to resurrect this sleeping thread about NHL Gamecenter. It works flawlessly still, I can't remember exactly but I feel like its smoother now than towards the end of last season. Maybe the flash updates have helped but thought I'd bring this great feature to all the hockey fans attention. PB + NHL Gamecenter Subscription = Greatness.
    10-10-11 06:36 PM
    Was wondering if anyone else had tried this. I was/am floored by the quality of games on the PB. I haven't had a need to try the hdmi out to TV, but I think its time to try!
    10-12-11 09:17 PM
    Well, now you can watch Pittsburgh dominate the league on a Playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    10-12-11 09:25 PM
    dunno, the worst team in the league just served them...

Greetings from Edmonton,
    Jake Storm and Erandhawa like this.
    10-13-11 12:20 AM
    dunno, the worst team in the league just served them...

Greetings from Edmonton,
    They didn't play tonight, ace.
    10-13-11 12:28 AM
    Was wondering if anyone else had tried this. I was/am floored by the quality of games on the PB. I haven't had a need to try the hdmi out to TV, but I think its time to try!
    Works great, I use it all the time, especially for gamecenter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 12:37 AM
    They didn't play tonight, ace.
    *shrug* never said they did. They played Sunday, Edmonton served them in second overtime, only loss for the Pens so far in reg. season to the worst team in the league.
    Last edited by vorpalz; 10-13-11 at 01:35 AM. Reason: some people need to check their iPads for game schedules
    Altarocks and Jake Storm like this.
    10-13-11 01:03 AM
    Flyers 3-0 and lookin' good!
    10-13-11 07:23 AM
    Seems the 3-0 Flyers are taking care things just fine (and lets all note it took 4 posts for this to be derailed into a "my team" thread....I love hockey)
    10-13-11 07:24 AM
    NHL GameCenter looks absolutely beautiful on the PB. Stunning clarity. I watched the Colorado at Columbus game last night while giving an exam. It was an amazing picture. I'm not a fan of either team, but the picture was so perfect that I had to keep it on. Plus, you know, hockey.
    10-13-11 11:39 AM
    Can you guys expand on this as I was considering this as an option to my cable service. Basically the only reason I have cable is to watch hockey. That being said I have zero experience with Gamecenter.

Do you access Gamecenter content from the webpage? Are local games blacked out?
    10-13-11 03:29 PM
    Lets go blues! TJ Oshio Tweeted a couple days ago that he just purchased a new Bold 99xx
    10-13-11 06:33 PM
    Can you guys expand on this as I was considering this as an option to my cable service. Basically the only reason I have cable is to watch hockey. That being said I have zero experience with Gamecenter.

Do you access Gamecenter content from the webpage? Are local games blacked out?
    Yea games televised in your area games are blacked out. I am sure setting up some type of VPN can get you out of it but there are restrictions. I believe games on NHL network are blacked out as well (they only have 1 channel so it can only be 1 game blacked out its not like center ice which plays several games).
    10-13-11 07:14 PM
    I purchase center ice but after having it this week I still have not be able to see a game, every game shows as blacked out yet i live in Hawaii?

Anyone have any ideas as to why?
    10-13-11 09:13 PM
    I'm in Australia with a playbook and dieing to watch this short season. Does anyone know if I can subscribe to gamecenter live and watch it from my playbook outside N. America (Australia)? I sure hope so, it sounds like it rocks....
    01-24-13 06:13 PM
    I use a proxy to get around the blackout restrictions...works like a champ.
    01-24-13 11:23 PM
    @gdassoy

You should be able to get it in Australia. If you subscribe and you find that it doesn't work, they will give you a refund, however I don't think you will have a problem.

I live in Thailand and I just purchased it the other day. I had it last year as well.

I have been connecting it to my TV with the HDMI cable and it's great!!

Good luck!
    01-26-13 08:03 AM
    Quick questions for those of you using the NHL GameCenter app:
    1) I sideloaded the Android app, which works great for condensed versions and old videos, but it does not seem to want to stream live games. Is this normal? Settings issue? Workaround?
    2) I do just watch via the browser as well, but I find memory progressively leaks until the video stream becomes very choppy and then unwatchable. I have to close the browser, open it, set the game back up and it works until the next memory crisis. This is workable, but they don't of course let you save your login details, so the annoyance rating is relatively high and of course you could miss goals, as I did not long ago.
    Anyway, I just wanted to try to tap into the Crackberry hive-mind to see if there's perhaps a way to make it work better. It is not out of the question my memory problems are due to some app, whether sideloaded or not. And, of course, I'm counting on the BB10 universe to fix all that's wrong....
    01-26-13 03:39 PM
    Still waiting for Bell and the NHL to respond why my promo code won't work. Taking bets on which useless customer service department responds with a solution first
    01-26-13 04:31 PM
    Just got NHL Game Center Live and the audio video runs for about 5 seconds on my PB and stops. Any ideas on troubleshooting? I'm not seeing any errors and the browser doesn't seem to freeze its still responsive.
    10-19-13 09:31 PM
    Try clearing your browser cache.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:37 AM
    I am having the same issue, but none of the following solutions helped :

- hard reset
    - clearing the browser (cache,history,cookies)
    - OS reinstalled
    10-20-13 02:26 PM
    On a PB 64 btw latest OS version. No joy after turn off and on, restart, clearing all in browser settings. Same thing maybe 5 seconds of audio and video than it stops but browser is ok as controls work otherwise so I can switch to another game where the same thing happens.
    10-20-13 03:03 PM
    Something changed in the NHL side. I noticed this the first week of the season. Eventually, my playbook browser kicks up a message related to "supported devices" and while never stating it directly, apparently the Playbook is no longer a supported device. I even tried using Simple Browser with different browser identifiers and it still doesn't work properly. Boooo on the NHL for this.
    10-21-13 08:20 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD