03-22-11 06:19 AM
    Hoping to get my pre-order in tomorrow just in case supply is low for whatever reason. The Playbook is very impressive looking and it will actually be the tech that decides if I stay with RIM beyond this point. The 19th seems so long from now though. lol Very excited.
    03-22-11 06:28 AM
    If this date means that the OS works properly and we have all the functions that we need, then I am happy and I think it will do very well. If this is released on the 19th and is buggy and missing critical functions, I think RIM has a problem.

I own a Torch (which I like) but it was released before it was ready and got killed in every review because it was running on what was really pre-release software. Reviewers will be comparing this to the Ipad2, which is the standard for tablets. If it falls short in basic ways, it will be torn apart just like the Xoom was.

Apple is the industry standard. RIM has to show people that they should buy a Playbook instead of an Ipad.

I preordered 2, one for me and one for my wife.
    03-22-11 07:29 AM
    Blackberry confirmed shelf date on facebook and twitter. 4/19

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 08:39 AM
    I think most of us are just happy we KNOW now what the date is. looks like almost every prediction was wrong. BGR , CX, all the leaked dates.
    03-22-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD