Can someone help me out and let me know if you can get your txt msg on he pb while you are bridged.
    12-07-11 12:29 PM
    text messages are transmitted over the cellular phone system, unlike emails and internet access which go over the cellular data system. The bridge cannot pick up phone calls or text messages, just the data services. Until they release a PB with 3g/4g, I don't think you'll be able to get text messages on the PlayBook.
    lang007 likes this.
    12-07-11 12:41 PM
    text messages are transmitted over the cellular phone system, unlike emails and internet access which go over the cellular data system. The bridge cannot pick up phone calls or text messages, just the data services. Until they release a PB with 3g/4g, I don't think you'll be able to get text messages on the PlayBook.
    Thanx a lot
    12-07-11 12:44 PM
    Is there any way to refresh the email screen on you PB
    12-07-11 12:49 PM
    Add crackberry blogs to your blackberry news feeds. it'll automatically tell you when new stories are up.

How do you do this on you playbook? I am new to pb so forgive me
    12-07-11 01:01 PM
    You can purchase SMS Bridge and get text on your PB. It will come in your email. You have to have a yahoo mail, gmail, or one of these types of email programs for it to work. you can also reply to text messages from your PB with this program. The downside, the program isnt free. It's in App World
    lang007 and BlazorBoy like this.
    12-07-11 01:23 PM
    You can purchase SMS Bridge and get text on your PB. It will come in your email. You have to have a yahoo mail, gmail, or one of these types of email programs for it to work. you can also reply to text messages from your PB with this program. The downside, the program isnt free. It's in App World

Good looking out I will look into that
    12-07-11 01:27 PM
    dunno about that, on my BES we keep a copy of all sms,so the bes is taking to the text app
    12-07-11 11:49 PM
    I'm on BiS (Blackberry internet service) not BES (Blackberry enterprise service). As far as I know, text messages aren't available over BIS. I didn't know they come thru over BES. I'm interested in the text-to-email service mentioned by Ross 778. Probably don't want to pay anyhow cuz I can just look on my phone. But I looked in AppWorld anyway and couldn't find it. The only thing that had "sms" in the name was "n2websms" which lets you send international text messages for 9 cents each. Not what the op was looking for, but interesting nonetheless.
    12-08-11 10:07 AM
    Patrick, SMS Bridge for Blackberry Playbook is a program that installs on your blackberry phone, not your playbook. when an sms comes into your phone, it comes to your playbook as an email almost instantly. the cost of the program in a one time fee of $3.99. you can read and send text messages from your playbook. it doesnt do mms messages however. the program eliminates having to use your phone for texting. it was a little confusing originally to setup. it doesnt cost anything to receive or send text messages from your playbook with this program.
    Momstheword8 and PatrickMJS like this.
    12-08-11 10:51 PM
    Thank you so much for this thread. Being a playbook newbie, this has come in very handy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-11 11:23 PM
    you should also look into google voice if you're interested in texting from your playbook...and it's free.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 12-11-11 at 05:12 PM.
    lang007 likes this.
    12-09-11 11:29 PM
    I am a very new PB owner, have a BB phone and use Blackberry Messenger. I have bridged the PB to my phone and I was happy to find out that when a BBM comes in I can read it on the Playbook, and answer from there as well. I am having a lot of fun learning about the Playbook and so thankful for all the excellent information and help here, as I'm not very techie at all. Thanks again.
    lang007 and Bob31464 like this.
    12-09-11 11:31 PM
    here's a tip i discovered with a problem i was having.... if you are bridged and are having trouble browsing and typing (jumps, glitches, etc.) usually in low signal areas, turn off the wifi. it should work fine after that.

update-
    well it works for about an hour as i'm now discovering that after a lengthy period of time the glitches return. I can only guess that blutooth connection just doesn't remain very stable under heavy usage (if you consider browsing heavy usage). I tried turning the blutooth on and off to see if it just needed to reestablish a connection but no deal...once i got home and under a strong wifi signal everything was fine again... this blutooth glitch doesn't prevent you from bridging as everything works but it becomes a bit of a nuisance when the keyboard randomly pops up when you don't want it to and pages zoom in and out just by you scrolling and typing takes longer than normal due to the random letters that get typed in on their own.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 12-19-11 at 09:15 AM. Reason: status update
    lang007, 00stryder and Mochizmo like this.
    12-09-11 11:33 PM
    How do you do this on you playbook? I am new to pb so forgive me
    first find the program "Blackberry News" I dont remember if it is preloaded or get from appworld. open program and top right corner is a searchbox. Type "crackberry" and hit search button (ENTER) on keyboard. you will now be able to select crackberry blog to subscribe to. great app, can find lots of papers etc.
    lang007 and RainbowChild like this.
    12-10-11 12:10 AM
    Reading another thread I discovered (along with many others) that the calculator has several modes, including a nice converter. Swipe down from tbe top to expose the real power of this excellent app.
    12-10-11 02:08 AM
    BB News is a free app from RIM, available in AppWorld. Really sweet news update service.
    lang007 and D_Whatley like this.
    12-14-11 11:46 AM
    Hi,

I was just wondering if there is an option in the included weather app (accuweather) to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius ? I'm so used to seeing degrees in C. But I can't seem to find the option to change it in the apps. Thank you.
    12-16-11 09:33 AM
    I don't have my PB on me but I'm pretty sure when your in the app, if you swipe down from the top you should be able to access settings. I'm almost positive I saw that in there, but its been awhile since I set that app up. Hope this helps!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-16-11 09:35 AM
    Hi,

I was just wondering if there is an option in the included weather app (accuweather) to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius ? I'm so used to seeing degrees in C. But I can't seem to find the option to change it in the apps. Thank you.
    Swipe down from the top and then hit the options icon on the left
    12-16-11 09:37 AM
    yes, you swipe down from the top bezel to open the options panel. To the left is a cog, tap it, and select the temperature scale there.
    Bisboxer and bruteforce037 like this.
    12-16-11 09:38 AM
    I don't have my PB on me but I'm pretty sure when your in the app, if you swipe down from the top you should be able to access settings. I'm almost positive I saw that in there, but its been awhile since I set that app up. Hope this helps!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    yes, you are correct. Thank you very much!
    dwmckay likes this.
    12-16-11 09:40 AM
    There is a beta developer OS that you can download and use.

WARNING: This is a developer Beta OS to be used for just that. Install at your own risk and please backup first and only install if you like tinkering and exploring and excepting some things will not work or work right and things will be missing.
    How does one access it?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    12-18-11 12:49 PM
    How does one access it?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    A lot of threads on this but let me warn you it is not for the faint of heart - it is a developer beta version, incomplete and buggy and its best to get used to the present OS first.
    12-18-11 07:26 PM
    Just found out by accident that it has a built in calendar. Just tap the time on top of the screen and a calender with alarm pops up. You can also swipe the month sideways.
    I didn't know it had that.
    12-19-11 11:23 PM
365 ... 23456 ...