So glad I sold my Archos 70 and bought a PB instead on a new Android tablet.

For the money the build quality and specs can't be touched but I'll stick with my Android phone for now.

Can someone in the UK please recommend a screen protector that is easy to apply and doesn't impact the speed of the touchsreen or leave residue behind.

PS don't want to be charge a kings ransom for it!
    03-27-12 05:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums hope you enjoy the PlayBook.
    03-27-12 06:47 PM
    Welcome to the Fray! Hope you enjoy your PB as much as I do... I'm not sure of a screen protector for the PB, since I don't use one..
    But someone will be along and surely let you know!

You could also do a search up in the right hand corner of this page and find some threads on the issue... and there are alot of them!

Read the Stickies at the top of the forum, and if you want to, click the RED link below my signature for the PB Guide.
    kbz1960, Toodeurep and Hgouck like this.
    03-27-12 06:51 PM
    Welcome and glad you're enjoying it!
    03-27-12 06:53 PM
    Welcome to the club! If you need help, listen to what jafobabe suggests. Search, stickies and if you cannot find what you need just ask.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-27-12 07:21 PM
    Welcome aboard. I've never used a screen protector on any of my BlackBerry's and never felt I wish I'd had.
    03-27-12 07:48 PM
    I never use protection... No scratches, but 4 kids
    03-27-12 09:32 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase

Well I use the InvisibleSHIELD Screen protector on all my gadgets, it's not the cheapest thing out there but it is an excellent screen protector. Clear, smooth to the touch, doesn't hinder the touchscreen usage. The only cons I can think of installation can be a pain and again it's not the cheapest thing out there.
    03-27-12 11:06 PM
    There was actually a post by a mod many moons ago. He tested the screen in a video. He took sharp objects (such as a key) and abused the screen. Not a single scratch.

I don't think I can find that thread now though. But the moral of the story is that you don't really need a screen protector for your normal everyday use.
    03-27-12 11:33 PM
    The thing is generally metal unless honed to a very sharp point will not scratch glass. Now, take a grain of sand and glue it to that key and listen for the sound of nails on chalk board. Romney's Etch-a-sketch will have new meaning.
    03-28-12 12:09 AM
    Can someone in the UK please recommend a screen protector that is easy to apply and doesn't impact the speed of the touchsreen or leave residue behind.

PS don't want to be charge a kings ransom for it!
    I have one I bought on Amazon 3 layer, pack of 5 or something. Don't think application to a screen this size will ever be easy, I wasted 3 before getting it right, but it works fine. I will go find the link.....
    Last edited by Bluemoonjules; 03-28-12 at 09:08 AM.
    03-28-12 05:25 AM
    03-28-12 05:29 AM
    When I bought mine I purchased a Zagg screen protector. I work in construction in a sandy environment and sand does scratch glass. Comes with a lifetime warranty. Cost a little more but you pay one time.
    03-28-12 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD