Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. Dont have either PB or Ipad2 but want to buy one soon. Just had a few queries.

I need a tablet for basic browsing, google docs and skype (audio chat will do). Wanted to know if I can simulataneously edit google docs while at the same time do an audio call on skype on the PB? Is that possible on the Ipad2?

Second, I have a 7 year old daughter who I guess will hijack the tablet. If she were to play on either one which would you suggest best for kids (free apps for kids)?

And finally, a service provider in my area (in India) is providing 3G unlimited data plan for $22 monthly specifically and only for Ipad alone and not for the other brands. Is that an incentive enough to buy the 3G Ipad2?

Thanks.
    Ekram
    05-22-11 09:17 AM
    The fact that your daughter will of course hijack the device makes me recommend the iPad2! And 22 a month for 3G data plan is a pretty good deal! I'd say go with the iPad. You surely won't be disappointed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ekramcal likes this.
    05-22-11 12:36 PM
    Thanks Ngoog

but regarding my first query, still wanted to know if I can simulataneously edit google docs while at the same time do an audio call on skype on the PB? Is that possible on the Ipad2?
    05-22-11 01:16 PM
    Thanks Ngoog

but regarding my first query, still wanted to know if I can simulataneously edit google docs while at the same time do an audio call on skype on the PB? Is that possible on the Ipad2?
    skype is not available on pb yet, but you will be able to multi task when its there. true multitasking will never be availble on ipad2.
    So you can wait for ipad 3 in hopes of multitasking availability,or get the pb and wait for skype integration.
    ekramcal likes this.
    05-22-11 02:23 PM
    As said above

Neither device will meet your exact wants.

For a kid, the iPad2 would be the better purchase, far more apps, the Playbook does not have a 3g version yet, so if that is a requirement that is another strike against the Playbook.

If you are waiting for the offical launch of the Playbook in your country it might then have Skype + 3G, making this all about kids apps, vs Flash based kid sites

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ekramcal likes this.
    05-22-11 03:40 PM
    Thanks deRussett and bb.

Decisions, decisions!

Is it just me or is deciding on a tablet really that perplexing??
    05-22-11 03:47 PM
    it might be good to buy a used ipad 1 if the kids are going to highjack the device and save some money and buy a pb later.
    ekramcal likes this.
    05-22-11 04:04 PM
    It is just you, I didn't really want/need a tablet until the Playbook, I still don't need one, but the want was there, and then I found ways to make it useful in my life.

I must admit after having one, during my work week I use it regularly but it barely gets touched on weekends, I like my 17" laptop screen at home too much for a 7"
    ekramcal likes this.
    05-22-11 04:48 PM
    Thanks Ngoog

You can on the iPad (I do it all the time). More info here:

Skype updated to support iOS 4 background VoIP multitasking | TiPb
    05-22-11 06:14 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here. Dont have either PB or Ipad2 but want to buy one soon. Just had a few queries.

I need a tablet for basic browsing, google docs and skype (audio chat will do). Wanted to know if I can simulataneously edit google docs while at the same time do an audio call on skype on the PB? Is that possible on the Ipad2?

Second, I have a 7 year old daughter who I guess will hijack the tablet. If she were to play on either one which would you suggest best for kids (free apps for kids)?

And finally, a service provider in my area (in India) is providing 3G unlimited data plan for $22 monthly specifically and only for Ipad alone and not for the other brands. Is that an incentive enough to buy the 3G Ipad2?

Thanks.
    Ekram
    did u own a blackberry smartphone? if u do.. PB might be better...
    05-23-11 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD