About writing on my initial experience with the BP. You probably first thought, oh boy, another lost newb!

I want to say my purchase of the BP yesterday was by pure impulse after I saw some available at my local Best Buy for $199. Yes, they have been advertised for sale from time to time but there were never any in stock locally so I just walked away each time.

This time I quickly pulled up some user reviews here, on Amazon, and Best Buy's website. Not too shabby I thought and I learned of the upgrade available right then. I thought that was some sort of a sign, the PB in stock and an update!

So I walk out with one but I was still a bit apprehensive. I know I got a good price and there is a return policy so just hope for the best.

And I got just that!

I got my Blackberry ID, unpacked it and started the process.

The registration and upgrade of the software (both download and installation of the latter) took awhile but went as smooth as I could have ever hoped.

Wifi connected right up, I did some browsing, got the free racing game compliments of Blackberry and updated applicable apps that were already installed on the player.

I look towards learning about the device and will do my best to read through the forum for what I know will be rewarding after spending the time.

For now, WOOOHOOO! This thing is smoking fast, the screen is great, my PB treated me great initially, and so what's not to like so far at least! Pretty impressive!

Thanks for the read.
    02-22-12 04:19 PM
    I'm with you. Just picked up my playbook yesterday as well. Liking it very much so far.
    02-22-12 04:22 PM
    Glad you like it. Most of us are the same as you, we love it! Always nice to hear something positive after the haters bash all day.

Honestly, I haven't found anything that it is "missing" to be a "game changer" for me. It does what I ask it to do, and it does it very well. Plus it fits in my pocket, so my iPad firends can look on in envy as they try to fit thiers in a backpack or some other huge man-satchel.
    02-22-12 04:23 PM
    Welcome to the Playbook experience. A couple places to start
    User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...st-know-671764
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/
    All will give you an advantage over others who do not read them.
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    02-22-12 04:28 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, loads of information here, Good luck with your PlayBooks. Pull up a couch and stay awhile
    L.berrywiess likes this.
    02-22-12 04:31 PM
    I sleep with it,and is my better half ever PSSD Off. LOL enjoy!
    02-22-12 04:54 PM
    I guess the big knock out there having folks looking elsewhere is the amount of apps available for the BP.

When you look at other possible purchases in this specific price range, all the rage now is the Kindle Fire. Well looking more closely at its specific available features, the BP easily blows it away. The Nook Tablet is closer in specs BUT that it is too much of a walled garden with B&N totally locking down on sideloading. I'm not one for rooting by the way.

I'll need to learn how to convert APK files which I briefly came across. For now though, I'm just going to enjoy routine things I can do with the BP and then branch out from there.

The screen is killer. I already tried some video from TV websites who make available full episodes of shows and I also tried some HD trailers from IMDB. What's not to like?

The software upgrade really impressed me. It ran as smooth as could be and I had no problems whatsoever with setting up the BP as well! So far, so very good!!
    Last edited by robertc88; 02-23-12 at 09:41 AM.
    02-23-12 09:19 AM
    I'm with you. Just picked up my playbook yesterday as well. Liking it very much so far.
    Well I've been interested in the playbook to tell the truth trying it out in Best Buy a number of times so I figured why not take the plunge especially after I noted there was an update.

Was your purchase by impulse? It wasn't like I walked into Best Buy the other day looking to buy anything for that matter.
    02-23-12 09:38 AM
    Welcome to the Playbook experience. A couple places to start
    User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...st-know-671764
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/
    All will give you an advantage over others who do not read them.
    Thanks for the links. I'll look through the info provided through those asap.
    02-23-12 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD