OK this is definatly not recomended but thought someone might have an insight as to what happened. A week ago on Sat 7/14 I placed my PlayBook on a chair next to my bed. I had a glass of water there and fell asleep. I woke up and knocked over the water on the PlayBook. I jumped up and it was wet. I unplugged it and dried it off as best i could. I went back to bed and in the morning tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. I left it for 2 days and plugged it in Monday night. The red light slowly blinked but I couldnt get it to come on. I resigned my self to ruining one of my playBooks (64). Tuesday when I got home from work I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it booted up. The battery would only charge to 80% and as soon as I took the charger off it would shut down. I plugged it in again overnight and in the morning I could swipe and it would come on. I thought I would hook it up to the desktop manager and save my Pictures etc. As soon as I unplugged it shut off. Next day I swiped and it booted up and battery was 100%. I took it off the charger and it stayed on. I went through all of the functions and all worked normally. Wifi was super fast. Browser worked great. Games all played normally, camers worked as well as bridge and remote control. I put it on desk top manager and backed up everthing. Now batterry last longer than it did and evrything works better than it was. No more WIfi drops, or freezes. Dont know what happened just glad to have my 64 GB Playbook back It has been a week and no signs of any problems. The PlayBook gods smiled on me!
    9of13 likes this.
    07-24-12 02:33 PM
    CONGRATS! Now, I'll need you to send me some of that water . . .
    mithrazor likes this.
    07-24-12 02:44 PM
    Sounds to me like somebody got extremely lucky.
    07-24-12 02:46 PM
    Wow. Sure hope your luck holds. Think I'll skip the water treatment.
    07-24-12 03:34 PM
    Just goes to show how a good reboot goes a long way and so does a wipe
    07-24-12 03:50 PM
    I had a glass of water there and fell asleep. I woke up and knocked over the water on the PlayBook. I jumped up and it was wet.

I took it off the charger and it stayed on. I went through all of the functions and all worked normally. Now batterry last longer than it did and evrything works better than it was. No more WIfi drops, or freezes. The PlayBook gods smiled on me!
    Are you a priest and was the spilled water "Holy Water?" Maybe you exorcised the demons.
    BlazorBoy and jkomo001 like this.
    07-24-12 03:57 PM
    * Filling the glass with Crystal water*

But seriously, the faster experience you are having should be because of the swipe u did(eheh just to ruin the joke )
    07-24-12 05:08 PM
    A few times with my hands full I have resorted to balancing a glass of wine or cup of coffee on my PB while moving to a new location in the house. I am very (very very) careful when I do this. My biggest concern is sloshing into the PB speaker openings. My PB has been a tank so far but liquids are notorious for killing electronics!
    07-24-12 06:22 PM
    Are you sure the glass was full of water and not OS 2.1?
    Revord likes this.
    07-24-12 06:31 PM
    Waterboarding is effective
    thedark722 likes this.
    07-24-12 07:11 PM
    If an electronic device gets wet, try this:

1. Switch it off completely, and keep it switched off until the device is dry - electricity causes galvanic corrosion!
    2. Remove as much excess water as possible by shaking, dabbing with a tissue or even vacuuming;
    3. Wrap the device in kitchen paper or tissue;
    4. Put it in a warm (but not hot!) place such as an airing cupboard or shelf above a radiator for a few hours. Don't put it in the sun;
    5. Place it, still wrapped in tissue, in a bowl of absorbant pellets (DIY or pet store) or uncooked rice for a day or two. This will absorb any remaining moisture or condensation.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 07-24-12 at 08:11 PM.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-24-12 08:09 PM
    07-24-12 09:00 PM
    I spilled a cup of 93 octane all over mine. Not only does it run faster, is starts easier
    and idles very smooth. Sometimes it's worth the extra $$$ for the good stuff.
    todbanner likes this.
    07-24-12 10:47 PM
    Should have bought a lottery ticket that day
    07-25-12 02:41 AM
    If not transubstaniation then maybe all the low level restarts that added the speed.
    07-25-12 08:04 AM
    To OP, you should try to talk to your PB... it may talk back... I've seen that in the Electric Dream movie...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-12 10:15 AM
    I'll pass on the water trick, but the backup / swipe method does work well. Mine was acting up big time and after swiping it and starting fresh, it works fine.
    07-26-12 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD