amazed that with the new Bridge app comes some additional menu items. When browsing a web page on your device you can hit the menu button and choose the "View on Playbook" command with will open up the displayed site on your device. So far working with pictures also... let's find out just how much new stuff is their can we? This is getting better every day..
    02-23-12 01:14 PM
    Open on works with links and webpages but no go with pictures saved on bb . Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? I am running the most recent leaked 7.1 version on BB 9900. Thanks!
    02-23-12 01:48 PM
    i'm running the standard 7.0 version on my 9860 and the Open on works for me with pictures from BB. could it be the 7.1 leaked OS version?
    02-23-12 01:53 PM
    Open on works with links and webpages but no go with pictures saved on bb . Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? I am running the most recent leaked 7.1 version on BB 9900. Thanks!
    I can open up pictures from my 9800 (running OS6) to my PB.
    02-23-12 01:57 PM
    BlackBerry Curve 9300 (OS 6) works well with my PlayBook
    02-23-12 02:51 PM
    It's hard to support leaked/beta os's since they are like a box of chocolates... or something.
    02-23-12 02:51 PM
    I'm running the latest leaked OS 7.1 on my 9900 and have no problems whatsoever with opening pictures using the Open On features.
    02-23-12 02:54 PM
    this feature is awesome. It works fine, except that one of my pdfs consisting a sketch didnt open on the playbook. It opens fine in my 9900 and laptop, but not on my pb. Seems to be some issue with the adobe pdf reader.
    02-23-12 03:22 PM
    Pictures work fine but videos do not have the menu option.
    RBergmann1 likes this.
    02-23-12 03:26 PM
    This may be getting off topic here, but I read on one of the threads that you can play music files from the bb phone memory card on your pb.
    02-23-12 03:29 PM
    Pictures fine for me, too. I really like the option to open a link on the Playbook from the bridge. I don't have all my email running through my work desktop, so I get links on my BB that I would have to forward to my email address on my desktop to open in a larger screen. Now I can just open them on the Playbook which is sitting nicely in the charger cradle right next to my monitor.
    02-23-12 03:31 PM
    This may be getting off topic here, but I read on one of the threads that you can play music files from the bb phone memory card on your pb.
    Yes you can. I actually posted that (or one of the people that posted that). Using the File Manager app on the PB navigate to your where the music is on your phone and give it a go!
    Bob Dunn likes this.
    02-23-12 03:49 PM
    I am having the same issue with not being able to open pictures saved to my BB on the PB. When I choose the option, nothing happens on the PB. Email is working though. I am on a BES and the pictures are encrypted per out IT policy so perhaps that is an issue. I'm using an official release of 7.1 for my 9930 with Verizon.
    02-23-12 04:42 PM
    How did you get that menu option? I don't see it on my phone on web pages, for example. I uodated to the new version of Bridge and am running OS 6 on my 9650.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 04:48 PM
    I can open up pictures from my 9800 (running OS6) to my PB.
    Figured it out. My memory card was encrypted and pics were saved as .jpg.rem. Works fine after turning encryption off.
    02-23-12 05:34 PM
    I am considering getting a PB due to the bridging features. However, I am a little confused with how this "View ON" feature works. If you are surfing a webpage, does it only send the URL to the PB, or does the screen contents actually get redirected to the PB? I know that there may be a resolution question somewhere in there, but I have a reason I would like to throw my screen from my BB handset over to the PB without having a new instance of the webpage to be loaded. If I could do this, it would be a big plus in my decision.
    02-24-12 11:11 AM
    Screen is sent in many cases. I'm stoked on this feature. I have a magazine app on my Torch 9850 that I enjoy that is currently not on my PB. When I select "View on Neutrino" it shows perfectly. Strange: when I make a launcher on my home screen, display is of the magazine, but not spiffy at all. Duh, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. Doc Neutron.
    02-24-12 12:01 PM
    You have the option of opening an embedded link in an email on your handheld on your Playbook or, if you're browsing on your handheld you can open the webpage ln your Playbook also. Works flawlessly so far.
    02-24-12 12:04 PM
    So I bought a PlayBook and tried the View On feature. I found that only the URL is passed and a new instance of the webpage is loaded on the PlayBook. This. Is both a good thing and a drawback. For me this is a drawback since I need the webpage to not reload once passed. Ultimately I would like a utility that just shows the handset screen. It is for a very limited application but the only way I for my needs to be met.
    03-01-12 09:20 AM
    Ok, I being a bit cheap here. If I turn on VZ Navigator, I then start a 10 dollar a month service. And If I try to remove it from my plan, they will try to "cancel my GRANDFATHERED all unlimited plan. I had this happen with my text plan and it took 3 months to get things back to my original plan.

OK, I digress....

Has anybody tried using and "open" on Playbook the VZ Navigator "App"? If it does work, then I may try it for the turn by turn direction that the VZW Nav. does.

Thx

C
    03-01-12 10:12 AM
    So I bought a PlayBook and tried the View On feature. I found that only the URL is passed and a new instance of the webpage is loaded on the PlayBook. This. Is both a good thing and a drawback. For me this is a drawback since I need the webpage to not reload once passed. Ultimately I would like a utility that just shows the handset screen. It is for a very limited application but the only way I for my needs to be met.
    What exactly are you doing that you need to view the handset screen? There is a remote control app in Appworld for your handset - that might meet your needs more than this.

This is literally a 'launcher' if you will. "LAUNCH" this on my PlayBook. "Open On" sounds better though

I use it a fair bit during my commute as I jump between my BB & PB. While in a short bus ride I won't pull out the PB & will browse the 'net, forums, etc on my 9900 instead. Before leaving the bus, wherever I leave off - I'll open that on PlayBook so when I get on the longer train ride I can continue on my PB. Pretty awesome IMO.
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 03-01-12 at 10:54 AM.
    03-01-12 10:48 AM
    So I am using the Bluetooth Smart Card reader with my handset to access secure websites. When I use the "view on" feature, the websites try to access the credentials from the card reader, which they can't. Only the handset is configured for the card reader. Thus, if I could throw the screen over to the PB, I wouldn't have this pass-through issue. Other than that, I have been having great success with the bridge remote. I did download the PhoneRemote app in hopes that those guys will be able to update it for direct access through Bluetooth. That might be the answer, but through WI-FI, it doesn't help me.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-01-12 11:19 PM
    Say, I am also experiencing a lot of freezing by the bridge remote app when using the touch mouse. Is anyone else a having similar problem. I am wondering if it is just background processes interrupting it, or if I have something not configured properly.
    03-01-12 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD