I have just purchased my first Blackberry, a Play Book. I set up my gmail account in the messages area, but it only picked up about five inbox emails (out of hundreds) then subsequently deleted all but one. None of my mail folders are shown, no sent mail, trash, etc.

I am able to send and receive emails from the tablet.

What do I need to do to synch the emails with my gmail account?

Thanks.
    11-03-13 09:04 AM
    You might try deleting the email and then adding it again. HOWEVER I believe the problem is related to recent changes that gmail has made to how they handle email. They now pre sort and categorize mail, plus they do not allow free full pop access anymore.
    Cole August likes this.
    11-04-13 10:23 PM
    You might try deleting the email and then adding it again. HOWEVER I believe the problem is related to recent changes that gmail has made to how they handle email. They now pre sort and categorize mail, plus they do not allow free full pop access anymore.
    Thank you for your response Rich C. I tried deleting and re-entering, but no luck unfortunately.

I can see that I will have to go to the google website to use email, and this looks quite horrible now that they have changed it.

I suppose there is no alternative other than by using a new email provider? This wouldn't be ideal as I am registered with numerous sites with my gmail account.

Otherwise, I am well pleased with my tablet, and for �82 new, it is terrific value for money.
    11-07-13 03:41 AM
    There are a few alternatives if you can't get native messages to work with your account. The easiest maybe, at least in that you don't have to sideload anything, is to use android Email, which is part of the Playbook's android runtime. Email can be accessed using Quick App Manager, a free app in app world. Install QAM, then open it, then, from the homescreen, tap on "Email", then "Open".. Follow the directions from here to set up your account. Using android Email", you'll still get notifications of incoming mail, so long as you've started the android player since your last reboot (though the android player doesn't need to be open to get notifications). You will need to use QAM to access Email, though.
    11-07-13 04:15 AM
    There are a few alternatives if you can't get native messages to work with your account. The easiest maybe, at least in that you don't have to sideload anything, is to use android Email, which is part of the Playbook's android runtime. Email can be accessed using Quick App Manager, a free app in app world. Install QAM, then open it, then, from the homescreen, tap on "Email", then "Open".. Follow the directions from here to set up your account. Using android Email", you'll still get notifications of incoming mail, so long as you've started the android player since your last reboot (though the android player doesn't need to be open to get notifications). You will need to use QAM to access Email, though.
    Thank you for your response Pacoman.

I followed your instructions and this seemed to be an easy solution with all of my emails and folders loading.

Unfortunately after 20 minutes or so everything disappeared apart from the now empty inbox, so I am back to the same position as with the native email reader.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you
    Cole
    11-09-13 11:39 AM