I'm not sure want your needs are with the map but I use magellan in my car. Works via bridge. Very easy to type in an address and get directions.
    12-18-11 07:28 PM
    I'm not sure want your needs are with the map but I use magellan in my car. Works via bridge. Very easy to type in an address and get directions.
    so if i install magellan on my phone it will show up on my pb? can I bridge to any map app? I'm still not sure how the whole bridge thing works yet.
    12-18-11 07:43 PM
    Magellan is a pb app. Apparently it just uses the bridge for info.
    12-18-11 08:14 PM
    Hi everyone, just wanna say thanks to the crackberry community for the helpful info. I have been following the crackberry forum for quite some time now and i finally got myself a playbook, for which i'm using now to send this message, and 'm enjoying it. Please continue dishing out tricks, support, etc as you have been doing. Much Appreciation! Nkuza (South Africa)... First post, YAAAAAAAAAY!
    12-19-11 08:24 AM
    so if i install magellan on my phone it will show up on my pb? can I bridge to any map app? I'm still not sure how the whole bridge thing works yet.
    Magellan is installed on the PB and uses your phones data connection and the PB GPS. You can get driving directions or search for businesses. I just notice they have added on device maps to app world for major citys. At 9.99$ I will wait until someone puts up a review.
    12-19-11 08:36 AM
    Congratulations! Welcome to Crackberry.
    Enjoy the book!
    12-19-11 08:37 AM
    Magellan is installed on the PB and uses your phones data connection and the PB GPS. You can get driving directions or search for businesses. I just notice they have added on device maps to app world for major citys. At 9.99$ I will wait until someone puts up a review.
    Those "maps on device" have been around for a while. Some suspect that the reviews have been skewed since at one time, one guy was in about 15 countries or cities within about 2 days.

It is hard to tell what maps are loaded on the device since it appears to need to load or compile a map when first initialized. And then it appears to download maps if you pan the map to another area. I purchased France-on-device. But I can pan all the way to the US West Coast and it will zoom in on my location as it grabs maps. I don't know if they are then stored on the device or lost when it closes.
    12-19-11 09:56 AM
    So what your saying is I don't need anything to use the map. If I oped the bing map on the play book when bridged to the bold it will just work.
    thank you,
    12-19-11 04:37 PM
    Not at this time. But there are Playbook Apps for maps in the Playbook App World.

BUT.... if you have a map on your phone, you could use the Phone Remote App to access everything on your phone from the Playbook.

I do have the Phone Remote. It is useful and worth the money.
    Phone remote is a separate app in the app world? and it allows me to access everything on my phone while bridged?
    12-19-11 04:38 PM
    Well I bought the app and wasted 4 bucks i have no idea what it's useful for. It only works over wifi.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    12-21-11 07:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD