did anybody see the new Bird Telus commerical with the BB and Playbook?
    05-08-11 02:12 AM
    Yup. Leaves me to question..is it free to tether or are they referring to bridge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 02:41 AM
    Depends on your data plan. A lot of the newer ones include tethering. The older ones, especially the unlimited ones do not.
    05-08-11 03:06 AM
    See the link below to another thread. The new commercial is pretty good! I've asked our Telus rep to confirm what is and isn't included. A lot of the time the Telus offers are different for business and consumer users so I tend to be a little cautious!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/fr...firmed-612259/
    05-08-11 10:14 AM
    See the link below to another thread. The new commercial is pretty good! I've asked our Telus rep to confirm what is and isn't included. A lot of the time the Telus offers are different for business and consumer users so I tend to be a little cautious!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/fr...firmed-612259/
    awesome...makes sense as data is data. providers gain to make more money if people go over thier caps. Plus, with convergance of devices and the advent of wifi hotspot in phones, makes good business sense.
    05-08-11 11:48 AM
    Here it is!

AC/DC!!!
    05-08-11 01:05 PM
    The commercial is misleading as it makes it sound like you need to change your plan to use things like the bridge browser. They should be clear that its about how much data your using not the ability to share the data you have. Someone that is near WiFi 75% of the time probably doesnt need to make any changes. Remember tethering is different than bridging to your Blackberry. Changing your plan can lead to headaches and I am always reluctant to make changes once I've got things where I like it.
    05-08-11 01:09 PM
    Just saw it today for the first time and was going to post..............it's really good, love AC/DC playing. I've noticed in the past week a lot of tv shows have Playbook commercials running during prime time. RIM seems to be doing more ad's after the release, as opposed to any build up before.
    05-11-11 09:56 PM
    those parrots are hilarious, i love the head banging scene. Good Ad.
    05-12-11 02:07 AM
    Great ad and I think it clarifies everything for those that had no idea. I confirmed it with telus last January and even then they told me it would be included. I think they just had to release the ad because they were afraid rogers would take some clients with their plan that allows you to do this same thing.

Way to go...they finally got it eight :-)
    05-12-11 08:37 AM
    and by eight i mean right...lol still learning how to use my thumbs i guess!
    05-12-11 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD