We saw the old document that stated the Playbook may release on March 27th. However, over on engadget they released an image of what to appears to be an updated document and it now has April beside the Playbook for a release date. I guess the hopes of it coming out in March are gone.

Staples' slate of slates leaks out, corroborates Samsung 8.9-incher and the HP Opal? -- Engadget
    03-15-11 10:24 PM
    Yeah this is getting confusing.
    03-15-11 10:25 PM
    I'm so confused now, I don't know what to believe anymore.
    03-15-11 10:26 PM
    I will believe CX over any Staples bs.
    03-15-11 10:28 PM
    It was rumoured to be April for staples back in early February.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 10:42 PM
    Staples will be a later launch than other retailers
    03-15-11 11:16 PM
    I don't know about the validity of that image since the Xoom WIFI model is supposed to be coming March 27 and that ad says April. Staples Ad For WiFi-only XOOM Shows March 27th Release? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

All in all, I trust CX knows what he is talking about. Things can change and it could come April though.
    03-15-11 11:36 PM
    firstly as everyones stated, thats staples, its not (one would guess) the same company as the other, due to the `coming soon` on so many tablets, and different listing (no mention of storage sizes etc).

it should also be noted the original post for this is 2 days old, so same date posted as the other pic. from looking at the two you have to admit they are different companies, so its not definitive at all.
    03-15-11 11:41 PM
    Who said the march 27th paper was a Staples document. Staples wouldn't get it right at launch... If it launches earlier than april it will Probably launch online

03-16-11 01:00 AM
    My last post was assuming every retailer gets their release the same day as each other. I didn't know Staples gets their stuff later.
    03-16-11 01:57 AM
    My last post was assuming every retailer gets their release the same day as each other. I didn't know Staples gets their stuff later.
    RIM did already say this was going to be a "staggered launch", the way launched the torch (their own words). I don't know if Staples will be one of the first, that is the question. Their launch may be April.

03:28 AM Today -- [Reply] [!!]
    I will believe CX over any Staples bs.
    The only problem is that C_X couldn't offer an alternative first launch date, only that April 10 wasn't the first date. There are a full 9 days in April prior to that date that RIM can launch and still officially miss their Q1 target release date.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 03-16-11 at 05:16 AM.
    03-16-11 05:11 AM
    I'm telling myself april, if it comes out earlier great! Also the demand could be so crazy that i will end up getting it in april anyways.
    03-16-11 07:55 AM
    The only problem is that C_X couldn't offer an alternative first launch date, only that April 10 wasn't the first date. There are a full 9 days in April prior to that date that RIM can launch and still officially miss their Q1 target release date.
    Some of CX's tweets:
    @crackberry you just don't know any better. Launch is still planned for March )
    @crackberry of course. It's coming before the 10th. End of month
    No, he doesn't give a definite launch date, but it's clearly stated to be March, and NOT April

03-16-11 08:56 AM
    Do we even have a guestimate of when the LTE Playbook is coming out? im going away on the 31st, and i really hope this comes out before then. Sucks that I have to sell the wifi version and re-buy the LTE.
    slbailey1 likes this.
    03-16-11 09:35 AM
    Do we even have a guestimate of when the LTE Playbook is coming out? im going away on the 31st, and i really hope this comes out before then. Sucks that I have to sell the wifi version and re-buy the LTE.
    Or you could just wait until the LTE version is released. By then all the quirks could;ve been worked out and many many more apps will be available. Why waste money?
    03-16-11 09:38 AM
    Have to have the Playbook, I am literally drooling over this thing.
    03-16-11 09:40 AM
    I'm going with you'll be able to preorder it the week of this month, no idea what date and it'll ship the 1st week of April.
    03-16-11 09:40 AM
    firstly as everyones stated, thats staples, its not (one would guess) the same company as the other, due to the `coming soon` on so many tablets, and different listing (no mention of storage sizes etc).

it should also be noted the original post for this is 2 days old, so same date posted as the other pic. from looking at the two you have to admit they are different companies, so its not definitive at all.

Agreed about the confusion on whos listing it really is. The latest (as of today) shows staples will be having a competition on wed the 15th and the next wed to see which district can sell the most playbooks (this is for staples canada according to kevins posting), this could mean they will have the pb sooner but very doubtfully later. Usually US sees an earlier launch (tho there has been speculation of a world wide launch), regardless we should be seeing the pb or hearing announcements very soon which is def good news.
    03-16-11 11:33 AM
    im guessing us launch end of march, canadian launch april 10th. i just emailed a friend who works for staples canada just to see what there take on it is. i will post when i get a reply
    03-16-11 12:26 PM
    Maybe they are playing a BIG April Fools prank on us with all these different dates and it's going to be released on 4/1 at 12:01am JUST after 3/31 so just about making Q1, I think for 1 minute we'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they made it! So what do you think how does 4/1 sound?
    03-16-11 02:19 PM
    Maybe they are playing a BIG April Fools prank on us with all these different dates and it's going to be released on 4/1 at 12:01am JUST after 3/31 so just about making Q1, I think for 1 minute we'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they made it! So what do you think how does 4/1 sound?
    I don't know when this will first be released, but its clear what is going on to me... RIM specifically said the playbook will be a "staggered launch". So the different dates for sears, staples, etc may all be accurate; they are just the times those stores will be getting them.

03-16-11 02:46 PM
    Well if it is 12:01 then it would be over 1 minute past March 31st. Not a very good april fools joke if it only lasts 1 whole minute.

Funny though. I was going to roll out a new software package at work on the first of the month. Manufacturer pushed THEIR release date so a potential april fools joke on my staff is not going to happen.
    03-16-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD