Again customers, like it or not, are being handed an empty sack of promises.
    When I bought my PlayBook at Staples, they forgot to give me my sack.
    05-23-11 09:42 PM
    When I bought my PlayBook at Staples, they forgot to give me my sack.
    Check your box - it was a stretchy black neoprene sleeve with Blackberry embroidered on it.
    05-23-11 10:17 PM
    Check your box - it was a stretchy black neoprene sleeve with Blackberry embroidered on it.
    I thought it was a cool beer mitt for a mini keg.
    05-23-11 11:15 PM
    Close....it's stamped, not embroidered.
    05-23-11 11:22 PM
    Yes, feel free to expect RIM to deliver what was promised. I hold them to it.

I also don't have false notions that they can deliver everything that was promised in THREE WEEKS. It's simply impossible. You knew when you bought your Playbook - as I did - that the software was incomplete and was going to take some time to finish. Heck, the NDK isn't even coming out until the developer conference, and that is in September.

Just relax and have reasonable expectations of what can be done. It won't kill you.
    They have had more then 3 weeks to get this right. What about the year
    before they brought the PB out?

Folks act like they have only been working on this for a month or two.

Get real, its a good start, but the fact remains they brought it out before it was ready while stating very clearly that is was a Pro Tablet that would deliver a rich media experience and keep us from having to purchase a separate Internet
    account for it (bridge). None of these items have been realized. Period.

I like my PB, but RIM did build it up to be more then it is right now.

Keeping the heat on is what it's about. RIM has fallen back into the easy chair
    before. They have my money so they should expect some heat when the product they sell is not up to what they advertised or represented.

I knew what the PB was missing and was willing to accept this. But some items they said it had do not work as well as they said they would.

Keep the heat on, demand only the best, because if they don't RIM will
    go silently into the night with your money. I don't want to see that happen.

Tim
    05-23-11 11:37 PM
    Keep the heat on, demand only the best, because if they don't RIM will
    go silently into the night with your money. I don't want to see that happen.
    You're not even making any sense here. RIM has bet the business on the Playbook, not providing any further support for it would be disastrous. I know they are working hard behind the scenes to make it complete, after all it is the same thing that will be in the QNX BBs next year.

I know that updates haven't come as quickly as some would like, but they will come. The Playbook is starting to be released internationally so I'd expect an update or two during that period. RIM did also say that the Playbook would be feature-complete this 'summer', so there's your timeframe.

Just be patient and relax. Making good software takes time - if they do everything they promised before the end of the summer then I will be pleased. If not, then you may see me start a thread.
    05-24-11 10:32 AM
    You're not even making any sense here. RIM has bet the business on the Playbook, not providing any further support for it would be disastrous. I know they are working hard behind the scenes to make it complete, after all it is the same thing that will be in the QNX BBs next year.

I know that updates haven't come as quickly as some would like, but they will come. The Playbook is starting to be released internationally so I'd expect an update or two during that period. RIM did also say that the Playbook would be feature-complete this 'summer', so there's your timeframe.

Just be patient and relax. Making good software takes time - if they do everything they promised before the end of the summer then I will be pleased. If not, then you may see me start a thread.
    My concern is that while I understand it takes time to make good software, if Dataviz, owned by Rim, could not get out a better version of Sheets-to-go, how complex is programming for the device/os? Seriously, the included Sheets is a miserable, severely limited app and it was produced for the PB by rim's own company - it should have been more at release. I don't think that would have been asking too much.
    05-24-11 11:15 AM
    Seriously, the included Sheets is a miserable, severely limited app and it was produced for the PB by rim's own company - it should have been more at release. I don't think that would have been asking too much.
    I completely agree. It speaks volumes to me (although it seems that I am in the minority here) that RIM couldn't even populate the PlayBook with high quality, feature rich, fully working native applications. I'm sure someone will come along and counter that Sheet To Go is just "fine" as is, and that the severely limited viewing abilities of Slideshow To Go is "professional grade."
    05-24-11 11:25 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD