Hey all,

Owner of a 9930..have a 32GB Playbook on it's way and should arrive tomorrow.

I've already purchased a Rapid Charger, microHDMI-to-HDMI cord, and an Incipio Executive Premium Kickstand Leather Case.

Any thoughts on the case I mentioned above? Did a bit of looking around and it appeared to be a decent one.

Also, what else should I be ready to do/buy once I have the Playbook? Are there any items/apps that are 'musts'? Fill me in - looking forward to getting my hands on this thing tomorrow..
    Last edited by RHP23; 04-25-12 at 10:25 PM.
    04-25-12 10:00 PM
    Welcome to the Fray!

You will be able to Bridge your phone to the Playbook and also use your phone as a remote on your PB and also when you hook the HDMI up to your TV!
    Lots of info in the User Guide... RED link below..
    04-25-12 10:04 PM
    After about a week you'll have all that pretty much figured out on your own and I guarantee you'll have fun doing it. welcome
    04-25-12 10:10 PM
    Welcome to the family.
    04-25-12 10:20 PM
    Screen protecter
    04-25-12 10:24 PM
    Screen protecter

I have a Touchpad that I've had since one of the first firesales. I threw a Journal-like case on that and left the screen naked - it is still perfect today. No scratches or wear. If anyone swears by a screen protector on the PB - give me some ideas for decent ones to check out.

Thanks for the other responses, also. I'm excited about the Bridge management of native apps as well as being able to tether and jump on the browser. Using it on a large television while relaxing and using the 9930 as a remote/mouse/keyboard also intrigues me.

I guess I've got to continue reading - there has to be some 'must-have' apps/accessories..keep the ideas coming!
    04-25-12 10:32 PM
    InvisibleSHIELD for the BlackBerry PlayBook . That's the only brand of screen protector I use on my electronics
    04-25-12 11:10 PM
    04-25-12 11:19 PM
    I think there are a few apps everyone should have. My preference if Files and folders, but at least get Air Browser for some basic file management. I like Photo Editor Extreme & the CrackBerry app is a must.
    04-26-12 12:21 AM
    Sell it to me for $50!

No really...READ, READ, READ!

There are tons of apps that are useful. Got my wife and a friend and a neighbor all one and everyday they show me something I have not found yet...

It will take more than a week.

If you have Bluetooth on your car stereo it will BT to it and you can watch videos and Jam out!! Found that out here at CB a couple of days ago.

Welcome...hang in there and we'll let you in on your plan to take over the world.
    04-26-12 09:15 AM
    Sell it to me for $50!

No really...READ, READ, READ!

There are tons of apps that are useful. Got my wife and a friend and a neighbor all one and everyday they show me something I have not found yet...

It will take more than a week.

If you have Bluetooth on your car stereo it will BT to it and you can watch videos and Jam out!! Found that out here at CB a couple of days ago.

Welcome...hang in there and we'll let you in on your plan to take over the world.

Haha, thanks. Been playing with it for a few hours now and really like it - smooth experience and I like the 7" format factor way more than I thought I would. Have it all Bridged up with my 9930 and the browsing speed was surprisingly good.

Quick question - are you only allowed to open BB App World on the PB if you are on wifi? I've tried to open it using my BBs data over Bridge and it will not open. Just want to see if I'm missing something or not.

Still feeling it out and learning little by little..have yet to use my Rapid Charger and microHDMI cord. Thanks for all tips,folks.
    04-26-12 08:24 PM
    No screen protector needed just play nice with the playbook
    04-26-12 08:48 PM
    The case you are getting is a favorite of many, including my wife. It gives good access to media and power buttons above and protects the Playbook well. I'm not big on screen protectors as long as you have a case, which you will.

I would download the following apps:
    Nexus (if you have another in your network at work or home - I love this thing)
    Scrapbook (post cool cards with your pictures and comments to facebook and save)
    ReelPortal (VideoChat with one or more users on any PC or Mac)
    Zinio (get just about any magazine on it)
    Wreckless Racing (if you like that sort of game. My co-worker and I have epic races)

Enjoy the browser. I just learned why I like it so much. It is number 1 on the The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?. Watch abc/cbs/nbc etc.

Be sure to use the Desktop Manager to synch all your music, video, pics and files you want. It also backs up your stuff weekly or monthly. For converting movies I use DVD Catalyst. It is about 10 bucks but I've converted about 20 movies. Besides their customer service is awesome.

If you are going to use it to view movies on HD TV you will need an HDMI cable.
    I have used it for presentations and I got a PICO PK301 and a PICO ML300 projectors. If you want info on that let me know.
    As far as accessories go I love the rapid charger and the freedom keyboard. I decided not to get the keyboard in case because I rarely need to do heavy typing on it but when I do it really helps. Let me know if you need more info on this.

Take full advantage of videochat, camera and video. I started with a 16GB and now have a 32GB and have captured many special moments with my kids. Grandma loves Bluebox (free cloud storage with military grade security) and VideoChat.

Take full advantage of you Bold. You can bridge it to the Playbook for e-mail, facebook, web. Also, it has a remote control feature you are going to love with your HD TV or with PP presentations. In it there is a Presenter option to move around your slides.

new playbook tip: Don't use the power button on top of the PB after initial set-up unless you are storing it. It takes too long to start up. Just touch the battery and select standby. To power back up, just swipe from bottom to top and it is up and running immediately.

as for what else to buy. The Jawbone Jambox is a small speaker with huuuuge sound. It is around 150-200 bucks but it can run on BT and it works great if you use a projector to watch movies (I just sit it below the wall I project the movie on and it is like being at the movies).

Enjoy
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-26-12 at 09:35 PM.
    04-26-12 09:24 PM
    No screen protector needed just play nice with the playbook
    Particularly if you play Cut the Rope

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-691220/
    04-26-12 09:31 PM

^^ lol that's still funny to me (though i feel kinda bad it happened)
    04-26-12 10:49 PM

haha, can't imagine how hard you'd have to press/hit it for that to happen..wow.
    04-26-12 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD