Hi there,

I'm new to the playbook but not to the blackberry world. Have owned a Blackberry Storm before but swapped for android.

Now I won the playbook and have some questions:

1. I'm very satisfied with the quality and the design. But the QNX is very slow. In evernote I have to wait some seconds before I can put in some more characters to my text. Especially editing and deleting some characters in a long text is very difficult. Is this normal? Are there any custom rom's out there with much better performance?

2. I read on chip.de playbook can use android apps with Version 2 of qnx. On another news I read, RIM has disabled this feature. I have the newest version available... is it still possible to get android apps running?

3. Is there any possibility to get android on it? For win7/8 you have to crack the bootloader of windows, but android is opensource. So is there any way for android OS?

Thanks in advance for helpful answers.
    05-23-12 02:11 PM
    There is Android built into OS2. Actually, Appworld sells Android apps "reformulated" for the pb but they are NOT identified.

And you can still sideload Android apps that folks have "re-signed" - see the Android subforum in the apps subforum.

There was some recent discussion of Evernote - so there may have been issues with the version out there.
    05-23-12 02:56 PM
    1. I believe Evernote had some bugs in it and has been pulled from app world because of this but is supposed to be updated soon.
    2. Android apps can be used, but not all of them. RIM was rumored to be disabling the sideloading of android apps (bypassing app world) but have announced they would not be doing this. See the sideloading sub-forum for more info.
    3. No.
    05-23-12 03:00 PM
    Congrats on your "WINNINGS", I hope the Playbook works out for you, and you have hours of enjoyment.......like ME
    05-23-12 03:07 PM
    May I recommend a little light reading.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/
    Welcome to the wonderful world of the Playbook. Let us know if you have more questions.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-23-12 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD