ok new playbook owner as could not pass up the Best Buy deals!! I am ATT 9900 owner. if I dont want to pay for the tethering can I get the playbook browser to work via the bridge?
    11-20-11 03:59 PM
    yes. go to rroyy's site and DL the OTA Bridge for OS7 from your PHONE. It's a work around so the carrier doesn't charge additional fees. You can also surf this crackberry site for more info for installation.

RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    11-20-11 04:14 PM
    But with AT & T dont you have limits on usage? If so you will have to test tl see how much you use.

Welcome to the board.
    11-20-11 04:18 PM
    But with AT & T dont you have limits on usage? If so you will have to test tl see how much you use.

Welcome to the board.
    That depends on the OP's data plan. He or she may be grandfathered into an unlimited data.
    11-20-11 04:20 PM
    Thats what i figured but wasn't sure if ATT did the grandfather option. Just dont want to see someone get a $1000 phone bill because they thought the bridging makes it free.
    11-20-11 04:25 PM
    im grandfathered on AT&T and am enjoying the (faux)4G bridged to my 9900. bridge downloaded from rroyy. it truly makes the PlayBook user experience better...
    11-20-11 06:52 PM
    What (bridge) version would you recommended for BB Bold 9700 on AT&T?
    11-21-11 12:43 AM
    You probably want to try using the most recent Bridge app, even for AT&T although you want to get it from rroyy.com. While I recommend visiting the site with a computer to figure out how to navigate to the Bridge files, you have to download it directly from your bbphone.

If the latest version does not work for some reason, rroyy.com has archives of older versions.

If you change versions, just make sure to UN-install on the bbphone, reboot and reinstall a different version.
    11-21-11 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD