Hey guys,

Just thought I'd create a post to say that I've just gone and bought myself a Playbook after debating about getting one for months :P ha. Anyway I'm really looking forward to getting it and have been looking around at the apps that I'll be downloading once it comes, anyway hope this isn't considered spam but yeah..CAN'T WAIT
    04-20-12 03:26 AM
    Nice....congrats!!!! You'll love it!!!!
    04-20-12 03:32 AM
    Yeah I think I will too is there anything other than just updating to the latest OS that I should do once it comes?
    04-20-12 03:33 AM
    Welcome to the club!
    04-20-12 03:35 AM
    Spend some time in the app store....lots of good apps there....play with it....cruise the net...read a book...access your network at home and watch a movie....lots to do!!
    04-20-12 03:36 AM
    Good Good . I plan on doing all of those things along with trying out some of the productivity apps for my uni work . Quick question..How do you go about downloading android apps? Are they just mixed in with the BB apps or is there a separate section for them?
    04-20-12 03:38 AM
    For android apps, there are repackaged apps from the original developer in the appworld. It won't explicitly say that "this is an android" app in the appworld but when u open it after downloading it will open in the android player. Try for example BBC news tablet edition in the appworld, this is an example of an android app in the PB appworld. If you feel like sideloading specific android apps that are not in the appworld then just type in "sideloading", or "how to sideload playbook apps" in google search bar and usually the first results will be from crackberry. There are Crackberry articles about with pictures. Make sure you do some research (ie. reading more than one article about it) because some people crash their whole android app player and need to do a wipe to get back to normal. Nothing is better than native apps, I'm against sideloading paid apps, but if there is a free app out there that developers don't feel like taking a couple minutes out of their day to submit it to the bb appworld then sideloading it (making it available for yourself ) is justifiable. PS if u sideload an app and a newer version comes out it won't update itself u'll need to reinstall a newer program file (somebody correct me if i'm wrong about this).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 04:47 AM
    Congrats on the PlayBook I'LL let the others wow you with magic and advice
    04-20-12 04:56 AM
    For android apps, there are repackaged apps from the original developer in the appworld. It won't explicitly say that "this is an android" app in the appworld but when u open it after downloading it will open in the android player. Try for example BBC news tablet edition in the appworld, this is an example of an android app in the PB appworld. If you feel like sideloading specific android apps that are not in the appworld then just type in "sideloading", or "how to sideload playbook apps" in google search bar and usually the first results will be from crackberry. There are Crackberry articles about with pictures. Make sure you do some research (ie. reading more than one article about it) because some people crash their whole android app player and need to do a wipe to get back to normal. Nothing is better than native apps, I'm against sideloading paid apps, but if there is a free app out there that developers don't feel like taking a couple minutes out of their day to submit it to the bb appworld then sideloading it (making it available for yourself ) is justifiable. PS if u sideload an app and a newer version comes out it won't update itself u'll need to reinstall a newer program file (somebody correct me if i'm wrong about this).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot for this just didn't know how it worked when looking for and using android apps and that :P tbh I think I should most of my apps will be natively available anyway, I only need fairly basic apps and will probably want a few games and that, I have my iPhone for all the rest of my apps
    adriank403 likes this.
    04-20-12 06:53 AM
    Congrats and have fun with it!
    04-20-12 06:54 AM
    Best tablet hands down, IMO. I think you'll love it, as most of us do.
    04-20-12 06:55 AM
    Bravo Zulu Shep.
    04-20-12 07:01 AM
    Welcome home my young one, in time you too will become a PlayBook Master. I couldn't help it, watched Star Wars last night.
    04-20-12 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD