Just before the Staples deal fell through, I had decided to just get one and found a deal on eBay. Its not a perfect device, but so far it is if you own a bb. The experience within 5 mins has the best tablet experience for me. Especially with bridge. BTW my company site looks fantastic as I picked a tablet friendly theme for Wordpress. (Shameless plug welcometosmg.com) :-)

So please RIM make this device long lasting and you'll have and long supporter.
    09-08-11 07:42 PM
    Welcome
    09-08-11 07:49 PM
    OP: glad you are on board!
    IMO: bridge, tether, a great WIFI Browser, compact size, make the PB AA++

For BB owners who want the same happiness as the OP: there is a PB RIM $100 Master Card rebate
    BlackBerry PlayBook Back-At-School Offer
    for purchases made from Sept 7-22 2011
    Last edited by mandony; 09-08-11 at 07:57 PM.
    09-08-11 07:53 PM
    thnx loving it!!!!
    09-08-11 07:54 PM
    Always nice to have company. Welcome.
    09-08-11 08:42 PM
    Welcome! Enjoy your new PlayBook
    09-08-11 08:51 PM
    enjoy ... It's only getting better !
    09-08-11 09:04 PM
    love my pb im glad to c u like urs to!! welcome aboard!! XD
    09-08-11 09:22 PM
    thanks guys....after reading so many reviews i thought i wouldn't like it as much, but its complete opposite. 15 mins in the store is not a good way to test this either as i've done that so many times. bridge really opens the device up.
    09-08-11 09:31 PM
    i've had mine about 2 weeks. Love it. Got it the same day I got an iPad 2. i spend 90% of my tablet time on the PB and leave the iPad to my kids and their games. Can't wait for my next business trip as the PB is a perfect size for the plane.
    moe1up likes this.
    09-08-11 10:03 PM
    I am a new playbook owner myself. I defected from BB last March and checked out the android world, but the 9930 drew me back because it's, for the most part, the Blackberry I've always wanted. To be honest, I never really ever gave the PB a second thoughtand was really looking into an android tablet. I got my fiance an ipad since she is an iphone person. I've used that for a long time, but it' not something I remotely enjoy carrying around with me. One day I was in Staples and a BB rep happened to be standing in front of the PB display. We got to talking about the PB and some of the benefits of the PB for BB users via bridge. After I was interrupted by a bbm, he asked me how I liked my new 9930. After he got a chanve to look at my phone, he showed me how to bridge my 9930 to the display PB. I was thoroughly impressed! After that I had my eyes trained on the PB. I found a good deal on eBay and jumped on it. So far I gotta say, I take it everywhere with me. I'm even using it as an e-reader (something I never thought I would do). Build quality is superb and very portable. I do wish the app selection was a little more robust, my only concern is that the app scene for BB in general will never really pickup due to iTunes and Android Market. As long as RIM supports the device i can be happy with it. I would like it if the bridge would allow me to use the PB as a full remote for my BB but I'm pretty sure that'll never happen. If your a BB owner, the PB is a near perfect companion.
    rjgjr likes this.
    09-08-11 10:51 PM
    Welcome! I decided to get my PB after playing with a friends Ipad 2 for a few days and got board. PB best decision ever. I jump between work and play so easy.
    09-08-11 10:59 PM
    Welcome on board! Feel free to roam around the forums as you may find some new tricks about the playbook you didn't know.
    09-08-11 10:59 PM
    Have no fear, the Android app player will soon be here.
    09-08-11 11:01 PM
    yeah...i literally have touched my phone twice since the playbook setup....wondering if i should even upgrade as my style has discontinued.
    09-09-11 12:17 AM
    Welcome to the dark side. Please leave you moaning and crying outside or on an Android/iPhone forum. Bring your constructive thoughts on how to improve this device please.

If you are new to the crazy, always seems belated release world of RIM be prepared to be very patient. In my opinion, you picked the best tablet out of the bunch. Ok, it is a little biased but oh well, I think highly of myself and the purchasing decisions I make.
    09-09-11 01:51 AM
    Wow... PlayBook users are increasing... it seems that this "sales off" thing is working...
    09-09-11 03:31 AM
    Wow... PlayBook users are increasing... it seems that this "sales off" thing is working...
    yeah funny thing is...i got it because of a sale, but not on sale. just a regular ebay transaction.
    09-09-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD