[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mTqAcmc9E4Y[/YT]
    jvictor77, bbmme, kbz1960 and 20 others like this.
    02-29-12 11:40 PM
    I'm impressed, RIM.

Now what does the 30 second TV spot look like?
    02-29-12 11:47 PM
    Isn't NFS rated M?

Edit: Looks like it's rated T, but still that boy doesn't look like a teen to me. What are their lawyers thinking?
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-29-12 at 11:52 PM.
    sushistew likes this.
    02-29-12 11:48 PM
    I think the winning moment was when the lady put her PlayBook in her purse on the go. Also many people who see the presenter view might be surprised the BlackBerry has touch screens now on the Bold. My friends are still surprised when they see me using a touch screen + keyboard combo.
    bbmtna likes this.
    03-01-12 12:00 AM
    very nice. Shows all the features. For TV, I think they have to break it down to 2 features per ad. "Games & video", "bridge and presentation", etc..
    03-01-12 12:08 AM
    Very nice! Forget the 30 second clip - keep it on this 2 mins+ version....spend some money RIM!
    recompile likes this.
    03-01-12 12:10 AM
    I've noticed their playbook commercials are all about body language. No words are ever spoken, really makes you pay attention to the device!
    03-01-12 12:21 AM
    Wow, that was actually a sick commercial. Good job RIM!
    03-01-12 12:21 AM
    Perfect ad to describe all about PB, wish they can squeeze it in few secs and start running on US media
    03-01-12 12:34 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    fantastic!!! love it!!!! ...
    03-01-12 12:39 AM
    Finally a television advertisement for the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphones that has substance. Good work.
    03-01-12 12:40 AM
    The pacing, movements, etc., were too slow for American TV. Not enough "quick cuts" or "shaky cam" shots to keep the ADHD-addled masses interested/focused. Plus, the actors all look too Eurasian or Eurocentric - Americans won't be able to relate.

Just my $0.02...

RCK
    Mr.Monty, jonmark and ralfyguy like this.
    03-01-12 01:00 AM
    The pacing, movements, etc., were too slow for American TV. Not enough "quick cuts" or "shaky cam" shots to keep the ADHD-addled masses interested/focused. Plus, the actors all look too Eurasian or Eurocentric - Americans won't be able to relate.

Just my $0.02...

RCK
    Haha you may be right. We'll see!
    03-01-12 01:15 AM
    condense it to 30 seconds, make it more dynamic, but for god's sake if you are going to spend money on a commercial use music that makes you want to see the whole thing, not shut it off. you'd be better off locking people in an elevator with it using that music. they'd use the playbook to smash their way out.

sorry, but the gun is loaded and rim is sticking their foot under it.
    03-01-12 01:25 AM
    The pub is very good and surely better than no pud at all.
    03-01-12 01:46 AM
    Great now get the tv version out as quick as possible in as many countries. Don't delay marketing this product RIM and take advantage of the recent updates.
    03-01-12 01:53 AM
    The music is quite pleasant imo
    03-01-12 01:57 AM
    Looks pretty good, but can't believe that kid was so good a drifting in NFS Undercover,
    just right away. He didn't even know how to put on the game and he knew how he could drift.
    I was having the hardest time in drifting the first time lmao. My PlayBook had a rough time.
    Me shaking it from left to right everytime. But anyways it's not about that lol, i just noticed haha.
    It's about the commercial and bringing over the good points and they did it pretty good though.
    Was quite breathtaking to see the features in action.
    03-01-12 02:14 AM
    maybe the kid gets to play an hour of NFS everyday after doing his homework. I am quite bad at both racing games I have - NFS & Asphalt. Guess something to do with not knowing how to drive. I fare much better in canabalt
    03-01-12 03:19 AM
    condense it to 30 seconds, make it more dynamic, but for god's sake if you are going to spend money on a commercial use music that makes you want to see the whole thing, not shut it off. you'd be better off locking people in an elevator with it using that music. they'd use the playbook to smash their way out.

sorry, but the gun is loaded and rim is sticking their foot under it.
    I liked it
    03-01-12 03:48 AM
    I thought that commercial was awesome.
    Reminds me of me in that the BB and PB are almost always in use for something. At best, it does need condensed a bit somehow, but I thought it was well done.
    03-01-12 03:52 AM
    I like it because it's very informative and the review at the end closes some big statement about OS 2.
    03-01-12 04:08 AM
    Looks VERY like the Kindle ads....and RIM sells worldwide, so a good ethnic mix is essential.
    03-01-12 04:29 AM
    I hate to sound critical but...

it would have been nice if the kid could have opened up nfs on his own, as if he needs mommy to do it for him. the playbook is intuitive even 2 year olds know how to use it.

when the lady was giving a presentation we know the bb was not connected to the playbook but earlier the viewers see her plug in her tablet and may confuse this with how she was connected to control her slide presentation.

would have been nice if more clearly showed she was away from the playbook, seperate, yet still in control

I think some conversations would add realism and intimacy to the commercial and I think they might end up doing this. When i was in mexico I noticed the same commercial aired up here with the guy wanting to go bike riding at night time with all his cool friends on glowing bikes. Though that commercial was all in mexican and ours of course was in english. I thought it was clever how they made the commercial with that in mind.

it was a great commercial though. still will have its desired effect. impossible to have a perfect commercial, i think its just great there is a commercial in the first place
    03-01-12 04:37 AM
    Isn't NFS rated M?

Edit: Looks like it's rated T, but still that boy doesn't look like a teen to me. What are their lawyers thinking?
    Damn....my six-year old plays it all the time...I am going to have to watch out for the fuzz.

Commercial is good but too long to be on TV.
    03-01-12 04:38 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD