I am not familiar with the Humax T2 device at all.
    One of the features is; Contents sharing with other devices such as PC and NAS through Home Networking.
    Does this mean it acts as a DLNA server?
    If so you may be able to use KalemSoft within your LAN to view the files without transferring them to the Playbook.
    123nat likes this.
    12-26-12 07:30 AM
    So you are saying, just simply get the humax SD files onto the PC and from the PC send to the playbook via file transfer (will look into that) and use Kalemsoft media player to view the video file?

And will subtitles work? (im deaf)

This looks a lot easier than buying video converters etc
    I'll bump it for you. I would guess that if the subtitles are hardcoded into the file when recorded by that device, they would show. But if they are not part of the file, for movies, these days there are sites that have subtitle files and at least two apps for the pb can show those - Kalemsoft and SRTMoviePlayer. I'm not sure about tv shows.

But hopefully, the folks with that device or that blog entry might have more info on subtitles.
    123nat likes this.
    12-26-12 09:41 AM
    Subtitles problem solved.

Use Freemake video converter software (free) and select the subtitles option (you will have to enlarge the window to see this) and bingo! Can view videos on my Playbook without paying for Kalemsoft!

Thanks to everyone who helped me
    12-27-12 02:20 PM
    It's good that you found a solution that works for you.

There is a lot more to the KalemSoft Player than subtitles.
    The main reason I bought it was it can resume where you left off watching a video.
    123nat likes this.
    12-27-12 03:22 PM
    Hi!

Bought a new playbook 64GB from PC World for �129.99

Included free leather case.

Been playing with it a few hours - its very very impressive!

Stupidly I paid an extra �30 for a 3 year "whatever happens" warranty. But having looked at its build quality - it looks very impressive! I guess its quite hard to "break it".

Or should I get a refund for the warranty? (we have 7 day cooling off period in the UK I think)
    Congrats with your purchase! I would not get a refund for those 3 years of warranty. I am disappointed that i did not do this. The Playbook in general is a good and well build device but the micro-USB connector on the lower side of the tablet is quite fragile. With my PB it was bent upwards so i was not able to recharge it or side-load apps in it. I have resolved this by carefully bending the plate back to the original position and bought a charging stand. The charging stand uses a different connector so then i dont have to use the micro USB connector so much anymore.

Enjoy your PB!
    123nat likes this.
    12-27-12 03:45 PM
    I paid over $700 when they first came out for a 32 gigger. .
    At that price I would have felt cheated! But am glad you can get one for $257 now.
    01-06-13 07:38 PM
    i think the warranty is a good idea - from what i can gather (and this is only from a friend of mine who took out the Currys warranty a while ago) - he bought a laptop which broke beyond repair after about a year, he took it back hoping to get it fixed but they offered him a replacement, which he was happy to accept, but the spec of that laptop was out of date so he had the nearest model to it, which was better spec than his broken one. So assuming that is the way it works, if your playbook dies in 18 months time for example you may well get the current Playbook model at that time (the spec which would have to be at least equivalent to what you already have - something to do with the warranty wording which states something like "that the policyholder should be no better off or worse off after the event) - and as tech always gets better, you could well get a better machine than you have. If this is wrong I stand corrected but going from my friends experience that sounds like what would happen
    01-07-13 08:27 AM
    i think the warranty is a good idea - from what i can gather (and this is only from a friend of mine who took out the Currys warranty a while ago) - he bought a laptop which broke beyond repair after about a year, he took it back hoping to get it fixed but they offered him a replacement, which he was happy to accept, but the spec of that laptop was out of date so he had the nearest model to it, which was better spec than his broken one. So assuming that is the way it works, if your playbook dies in 18 months time for example you may well get the current Playbook model at that time (the spec which would have to be at least equivalent to what you already have - something to do with the warranty wording which states something like "that the policyholder should be no better off or worse off after the event) - and as tech always gets better, you could well get a better machine than you have. If this is wrong I stand corrected but going from my friends experience that sounds like what would happen
    No, you'd get a current Playbook, or a credit note for the amount you paid. They don't give you an upgraded model, or the newer version of what you've got, because it'd cost them a fortune. Sorry!
    01-07-13 08:41 AM
33 12