does anyone think or know that rim will release a new playbook with the release of blackberry 10? i know the present playbooks will be getting an update to bb10 but i think it would make sense for rim to launch a new pb with new hardware to compete with windows 8 tablets and maybe an ipad mini. that way rim can market bb10 smartphones and tablets together, unlike the mix of a half baked os with bb 7 when the pb first came out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 10:10 PM
    im more interested in how they are planning further bridge-like functionality. it's been said many times that hardware isn't the end-all and be-all of computer systems - it's how the hardware and software interact. Eco-system isn't just apps. it's what you can do with your phone, tablet, official accessories and possibly computer. There should be a synergy - that is, they are way better when used together than when any of them are used individually.

RIM needs to build this BB10 system so that it's not just blackberry completists that want to buy each component... it needs to be built so that the overall system is not really complete unless every device in the BB10 series is connected.

I can imagine the possibilities of the playbook with seamless bridging to a hardware kb BB10 handheld,.. seamless bridging to the music gateway,.. better yet a video gateway something like apple tv. seamless bridging to my car,.. to my computer's email and contacts, to my work phone system... but more than a bridge or a link... There needs to be this feeling that each device is an extension of each other.

I dunno. I've been hammered with the "possibilities" of this OS and the reported hardware, multitasking abilities, integration, UI designers, etc. Maybe my expectations are too high, but maybe,.. just maybe the stars have finally aligned and BB10 will be truly what we've all been waiting for from RIM.
    bldshd likes this.
    09-04-12 10:32 PM
    Somewhere in these threads is a BB10 time line that indicated 4 phones over time 2 high end and two lower end later and the 4G tablet all followed with a 10" tablet. Of course that was a leaked time line that came out before Mr. T announced that BB10 was going to be delayed to 1st quarter 2013 which changed everything.
    09-05-12 03:12 AM
    I think the 4G LTE is the new playbook....

No more for a while.

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-05-12 03:28 AM
    OK found it at BBOS here's the article:

BlackBerryOS.com - Exclusive: Leaked BlackBerry 10 2013 Roadmap

And then if that doesn't trip your trigger there's this little tidbit from n4bb.com:

http://n4bb.com/rim-building-blackbe...able-keyboard/

It all looks fun to me.
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 09-05-12 at 07:20 PM. Reason: More info...
    09-05-12 07:12 PM
    Do you guys remember Kevin's post about his a$$ old portable PC that looks just like RIM's new patent? Hehe. Guess That's RIM's way to say "Thank you, Kevin".

I would release a "New PlayBook", with state of the art hardware and all the power of BB10 to support it, but I'd do it on Q2...
    09-05-12 07:40 PM
    Does anyone know how he gets this windows se7en on the playbook? In the video he looks like it's a working perfectly or almost lol
    Btw the video is on the website from the second link
    09-05-12 08:48 PM
    Does anyone know how he gets this windows se7en on the playbook? In the video he looks like it's a working perfectly or almost lol
    Btw the video is on the website from the second link
    Click to view quoted image
    Splashtop.
    beman39 likes this.
    09-05-12 08:58 PM
    Ah Kool, thx bud
    09-05-12 09:44 PM
    Splashtop.
    Actually, he clearly states he's using Citrix Receiver on that video, but yeah, Slashtop will get very similar results.
    09-05-12 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD