How hard would it be for BlackBerry to build a new Playbook with two gigs of ram to so it would run BB10. With the same design so it would fit existing covers and accessories. Maybe add a usb port to the top. I hope someone from BlackBerry is reading this. There are a lot of beloved Playbooks out there that are going to need replacement soon.
    It really isn't about how hard it would be. It is about putting resources that they need for everthing else into a non priority tablet.
    It's just not a feasible venture for them at this time. There's too many things that they need to accomplish first.

Posted via CB10
    andy275 likes this.
    04-10-15 06:52 AM
    I think the missing tablet is one of the reasons, why people don't stick to blackberries anymore.
    Most people nowadays use smartphones and tablets. And I'm sure it's much more convenient if you simply use one
    ecosystem, rather than two or three (if you count the laptop / PC).

But since there is this great integration of Android apps (for those who want to use it) would it simply make sense to start a new tablet series? I mean: They wouldn't have to make a lot of changes - as pointed out above. And they seem to have at least enough engineers to start 3 new devices in a relatively short time.

I think: There are plenty of BB users who love there device and don't switch to the PP, Leap or Classic, because their super happy with their device. But I'm pretty sure a lot of BB lovers out there would love to by a 2nd BB device if it's a tablet.

In contrast to an Android device, they would have a better security and a better update policy AND the ability to run android apps and this should be the selling point of the device!
    05-10-15 07:41 AM
    BlackBerry killed the PlayBook by ending the bridge support in BB10 (text & BBM is not enough). I would not trust them with another tablet. Look at the manufacturing mess of PP.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:35 PM
    BlackBerry killed the PlayBook by ending the bridge support in BB10 (text & BBM is not enough). I would not trust them with another tablet. Look at the manufacturing mess of PP.

Posted via CB10
    It's been four years since the release of the Playbook. How many companies are there, wich actually do support their devices for that long?
    Plus BB had a big break up regarding their OS. Of cause it would have been absolutely amazing if they made it, and upgraded the playbook to OS 10. But look for example at Microsoft. Their Windows 7 Smartphones didn't receive updates neither. Today it's nearly impossible to retrieve Mails with those devices.

I think BB has earned another chance to establish a tablet. But the longer they wait, the harder it's gonne be for them ...
    Last edited by markus2107; 05-17-15 at 06:08 PM.
    05-15-15 05:13 PM
    They tried and failed. IPAD is tablet of choice. They should NOT release a tablet - until they have fixed BB10 and added missing functionality.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:16 AM
    They tried and failed. IPAD is tablet of choice. They should NOT release a tablet - until they have fixed BB10 and added missing functionality.

Posted via CB10
    If I one takes your comment seriously, then everyone who fails once should set aside what she/he's doing and never ever try this particular thing again.

As I mentioned before: When there was the PlayBook, they still delivered OS 7 on Blackberries, today they don't! So if BB would release a new tablet series it would be something completely else. Just because they failed once doesn't mean they can't to it right

And what is there to "fix" about BB10? I think the OS is perfectly fine. There is no missing functionality. The phone works! There's a lack of "toy-around"-Apps. But seriously if your're looking for something like this either use amazon/snap or get yourself smartphone from the big players.

A new BB tablet wouldn't draw much attention from Android and IPhone users (at least not here in Germany) but I'm pretty sure BB users would choose such a tablet over Androids/IPad and therefore bind with BB even closer.
    05-18-15 08:28 AM
56 123