$2380.00 Samsung plastic jobby.

Great work BlackBerry!

Next time, at least put your name on it.

Tank u.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:25 PM
    Pretty sure Samsung was already working with the child company before BlackBerry acquired it, meaning they had no real influence
    03-16-15 05:26 PM
    Going to sell well I think...lol

Mac Desktop or new BlackBerry (Samsung) tablet.....Hmmm...which to buy....

LOL.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:29 PM
    Mmmmh, you really don't get it, do you?
    03-16-15 05:35 PM
    Yes, actually I do. Kind of ironic they bother with Samsung and their tablet, but they can't seem to make one of their own with damn BB10 on it.

Laughable.
    Let's use somebody else's hardware, cause we can't put out one ourselves....

Excellent.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:38 PM
    Actually, you seemingly don't get it. It's a Samsung tablet, not a Blackberry. A subsidiary of theirs was involved in the development of the tablet, and Blackberry only acquired the subsidiary in the past six or seven months or so. Presumably, the development of the tablet started before Blackberry acquired the subsidiary. So what was Blackberry supposed to do, drop out of the collaboration just so you wouldn't later be able to find any "irony" in the situation?
    03-16-15 05:55 PM
    Again, I was being sarcastic. And I already knew what you just said. I'm rather ticked off that BlackBerry can't finish what they started before dicking around with someone else's tablet, that's all.

It never ends. Trouble with updates, keyboards, etc.etc.

But lots of time to give to Samsung.

Jesus!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:59 PM
    Well, I give up, since I can't tell when the sarcasm ends and the criticism begins.
    03-16-15 06:10 PM
    Again, I was being sarcastic. And I already knew what you just said. I'm rather ticked off that BlackBerry can't finish what they started before dicking around with someone else's tablet, that's all.

It never ends. Trouble with updates, keyboards, etc.etc.

But lots of time to give to Samsung.

Jesus!

Posted via CB10
    Fair point I suppose. Blows out the water the theory BlackBerry have no money to support their own flagship tablet when they can put � time and effort into one they can't even take any take any credit for and receive any revenue I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:13 PM
    That's my point. They are so concerned with someone else's problems, they don't focus on their own. They continue to open yet another can of worms, without solving or proofing what they currently have going on.

They could start by proofing their OTA updates, providing actual humans to talk to for customer service, providing a clear and concise method to contact customer service, such as a direct phone number and email address.

Also, it would benefit them greatly if they could develop a sense of urgency with their userbase as such in the way Apple's customer service is. Great....

As far as the tablet thing going on with Samsung and IBM, I would have thought they had a bullet proof BB10 secusmart tablet in the works, at the same cost as the original PlayBook was, but I guess Chen is more interested in Samsung now than his own company.

It doesn't leave a taste in people's mouths that it should.

I mean, come on Blackberry, your userbase and enterprise clients need a tablet from BlackBerry they can call their own, and depend on for unmatched security and utility.

BlackBerry...get one cooking for Christ sake.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    03-16-15 08:33 PM
    I think they need to steady the ship before going off and launching a PlayBook or some tablet. Get the juices and cash flows going first which is what Chen is trying to do.

At least the Secure tablet in connection with samsung will help promote the Blackberry brand.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 07:52 AM
    I think they need to steady the ship before going off and launching a PlayBook or some tablet. Get the juices and cash flows going first which is what Chen is trying to do.

At least the Secure tablet in connection with samsung will help promote the Blackberry brand.

Posted via CB10
    Steady the ship how? By going forward with their own products and showing they are still in the game I would suggest rather than bolstering the reputation of a so called rival firm.

Can't see how this promotes blackberry in any way. A company which blackberry is involved with albeit before this happened has given Samsung access to blackberry secure os the message this gives off is if you want a secure decent tablet better get a Samsung. How long before the tablet mirrors the Samsung phone and vice versa? Before long Samsung will be where blackberry was 4 years ago but handle it better and BlackBerry could lose more market share.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:55 PM
    Steady the ship how? By going forward with their own products and showing they are still in the game I would suggest rather than bolstering the reputation of a so called rival firm.

Can't see how this promotes blackberry in any way. A company which blackberry is involved with albeit before this happened has given Samsung access to blackberry secure os the message this gives off is if you want a secure decent tablet better get a Samsung. How long before the tablet mirrors the Samsung phone and vice versa? Before long Samsung will be where blackberry was 4 years ago but handle it better and BlackBerry could lose more market share.

Posted via CB10
    This will be possible with BlackBerry Blend.... They are giving all the nice parts we know from BB10 to everyone...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:03 PM
    It's not a consumer tablet

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:45 PM
    It's not a consumer tablet

Posted via CB10
    True, which puts it right where blackberry is trying to be same as their phones. Also true about blend, I forgot about that because I don't use it. I only have linux computers and a PlayBook so I'm not allowed to use it

This is something that has griped many users for some time and something I have yet to understand. I'm sure Chen has some long term plan which all will be revealed at some point however, it seems that he his sharing all the best bits of BlackBerry bbm, blend etc and getting nothing in return. He did complain about this but what would the point be? Can you see apple letting us have facetine? Ffs we only just have a scaled down version of Skype and snapchat doesn't run without play services. There seems to be a lot of give and not much take in the cross platform of apps.

Why give away goodies when it's blackberry usp?

Don't wish to get the PlayBook argument ball rolling all over again but, surely people can see now what the playbook users were so miffed about at the time. Fair enough the PlayBook wasn't the best marketed or handled device blackberry has ever dealt with but one thing it does have is a blackberry logo on the back of it and that should have stood for something! A change of direction and management shouldn't have changed that.

I still have a perfectly good, functioning BlackBerry tablet enough for my needs anyway. So far I haven't felt it limits me enough to go out and purchase another brand one yet. So it's an extra slap across the face with a wet fish when firstly bb10 which could have been scaled down to a lighter PB version was dropped, blend which was working on dev machines was dropped, bbm was dropped and bridge was limited down to find that they were available except bridge on rival eco systems. All under the pretence of they have no money or man power to do it then finding they seemed to find the cash and resources from somewhere for other brands.

Cue the playbook haters "it's dead, get over it" comment lol. A while back I jokingly commented that Chen was working for Samsung undercover, digging out all the best bits and undermining the company from the inside. So far I haven't seen anything to prove that wrong.... allegedly in case the lawyers are reading. I'm sure he has other plans though.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 06:50 PM
    All I have to say is I grab my Playbook over my Tab S when I go to work in the morning. Sure, call me crazy. My playbook gets the job done. No bashing or hating. I use it for what it is.

True, which puts it right where blackberry is trying to be same as their phones. Also true about blend, I forgot about that because I don't use it. I only have linux computers and a PlayBook so I'm not allowed to use it

This is something that has griped many users for some time and something I have yet to understand. I'm sure Chen has some long term plan which all will be revealed at some point however, it seems that he his sharing all the best bits of BlackBerry bbm, blend etc and getting nothing in return. He did complain about this but what would the point be? Can you see apple letting us have facetine? Ffs we only just have a scaled down version of Skype and snapchat doesn't run without play services. There seems to be a lot of give and not much take in the cross platform of apps.

Don't wish to get the PlayBook argument ball rolling all over again but, surely people can see now what the playbook users were so miffed about at the time. Fair enough the PlayBook wasn't the best marketed or handled device blackberry has ever dealt with but one thing it does have is a blackberry logo on the back of it and that should have stood for something! A change of direction and management shouldn't have changed that.

I still have a perfectly good, functioning BlackBerry tablet enough for my needs anyway. So far I haven't felt it limits me enough to go out and purchase another brand one yet. So it's an extra slap across the face with a wet fish when firstly bb10 which could have been scaled down to a lighter PB version was dropped, blend which was working on dev machines was dropped, bbm was dropped and bridge was limited down to find that they were available except bridge on rival eco systems. All under the pretence of they have no money or man power to do it then finding they seemed to find the cash and resources from somewhere for other brands.

Cue the playbook haters "it's dead, get over it" comment lol. A while back I jokingly commented that Chen was working for Samsung undercover, digging out all the best bits and undermining the company from the inside. So far I haven't seen anything to prove that wrong.... allegedly in case the lawyers are reading. I'm sure he has other plans though.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-17-15 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree.
    Also, is BlackBerry going to update the Playbook browser to fix the freakattack bug? Since they have time and resources allocated for Samsung...
    03-17-15 10:34 PM
    Chen has stated openly that they are going to focus more on the software side of things in the near term (not dropping hardware, but developing software for other platforms could mean greater revenues). The device does kind of surprise me, especially with the price tag, but if there's a market for such a device then so be it. The playbook has long been abandoned; why are people so upset that BBRY isn't developing software/patches for it and have moved on? How many users are there honestly of the tablet? Yes, I know about 3 people other than myself who have one (and none of them are on this site), BUT we are definitely in the minority.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-18-15 08:23 AM
    Well, I give up, since I can't tell when the sarcasm ends and the criticism begins.
    And, a lesson learned. Sarcasm does not work on the internet. Satire often doesn't either, considering how many times someone works him/herself into a froth over something one unknown satire site (which is pretty much every one except The Onion) posts as "real" news
    03-18-15 05:32 PM