I know there are many threads on this, but I can't seem to find an answer.

I bought a new 64gb Playbook since they have been on sale from RIM. Everyday, I leave and unplug my Playbook from the wall and leave it on standby. When I come home about 8 hours later, the Playbook battery has gone from 100% to under 40% just on standby.

I have checked all the old known issues like agreeing to the videochat EULA and other stuff.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to send the unit back to RIM? What's my best bet here? My older 32gb doesn't have this problem at all, it's so weird.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-31-12 04:48 PM
    It seems to be something is your settings on the PB..... get the Battery Guru from AppWorld to better gauge what is causing the issues. Also, you can contact peter9477 for additional information on battery usages.

Also, click on the links below my signature for more info.
    01-31-12 05:14 PM
    Give it a restart and see if you get same the results.
    I lose as much as 10% overnight but 40% in 8 hours is too much.
    Your using OS1?
    lamewad likes this.
    01-31-12 05:22 PM
    UPDATE:

I restarted the Playbook and everything seems to be back to normal. Don't really know what the problem was but its all good now. Thanks for the help!
    02-02-12 09:06 AM
    Some apps do not shutdown the GPS properly when done, so the GPS just sits there drawing current. A reboot resets it. It is pretty rare though. The author of the BatteryGuru App has written a bit on this problem.

For the price and the peace of mind to know your playbook is charging when plugged in, the BatteryGuru app is a must have on the Playbook.
    02-02-12 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD