Good day to all. Picked up a new PB yesterday, couldn't pass up the sale. But of course now I have some questions that I am hoping some of you will take the time to answer.
    I am not new to BB, but this PB is quite the device of its own. I am sure some of the things I want to do on it aren't capable, so just let me know.
    Questions:
    1. Can I hide apps?
    2. Can I make new folders to put my apps in?
    3. Can I manage panels like on my Torch?
    4. Blackberry Bridge- can I hide this panel? Along with the bridge icons that show up? They are dimmed out, and call me OCD, but it annoys me.
    5. How do I go about to delete the browser history? I played around with it, and by the looks of it, I have to do it page by page, one by one.

So those are the questions I have for now. I am sure I will come up with some more.
    TIA!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-19-11 09:18 AM
    Good day to all. Picked up a new PB yesterday, couldn't pass up the sale. But of course now I have some questions that I am hoping some of you will take the time to answer.
    I am not new to BB, but this PB is quite the device of its own. I am sure some of the things I want to do on it aren't capable, so just let me know.
    Questions:
    1. Can I hide apps?
    2. Can I make new folders to put my apps in?
    3. Can I manage panels like on my Torch?
    4. Blackberry Bridge- can I hide this panel? Along with the bridge icons that show up? They are dimmed out, and call me OCD, but it annoys me.
    5. How do I go about to delete the browser history? I played around with it, and by the looks of it, I have to do it page by page, one by one.

So those are the questions I have for now. I am sure I will come up with some more.
    TIA!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    answers to your questions 1,2,4..... these cant be done with the current OS1.0.7 that the PB comes with.... if u upgrade to OS2.0 u can do a few things like make folders.

to clear ur browser history-swipe down from the top when u have the browser open, click on the wheel symbol, go to the security features from the menu,u will have options to clearing ur history..... right now u can set up for the PB to hold onto history for a minimum of 1 day.

I dont run OS2.0, so someone else can tell u more on the folder creating part of it, dont use a torch .... cant comment on that either....

Have fun.
    11-19-11 09:31 AM
    In OS2:
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. There are no named panels, there are two when you ug to 2 but you can create more by moving an icon off the right hand side of the screen (in effect "sliding" it into the next panel. You can add as many panels as you like and put whatever you want in there.
    4. In 2 there isn't a bridge panel but a folder with the greyed out bridge apps in (dunno if you can delete it but could move it out of the way in a panel of it's own?).
    5. Has been answered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the answers. Helps me out a lot! Now i am off to figure out how to get OS2.
    11-19-11 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the answers. Helps me out a lot! Now i am off to figure out how to get OS2.
    I would not do that if I were you - it's a developer's release and you may not be happy with it. At least get used to the real release first so you will know what is working and what isn't.
    Wait for Feb to get the real release - unless you are a developer.
    11-19-11 11:27 PM
    I would not do that if I were you - it's a developer's release and you may not be happy with it. At least get used to the real release first so you will know what is working and what isn't.
    Wait for Feb to get the real release - unless you are a developer.
    Listen to the man ^^..... its wise advice
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-19-11 11:30 PM
    Well, I've been tempted to try OS2 as well. I think whoever's going to try needs to understand it's a developer beta and CAN'T complain about all its bugs
    Last edited by greatwiseone; 12-03-11 at 07:36 PM. Reason: correcting grammar
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-19-11 11:35 PM
    me too bought one w/o knowing anything about pb...but its 300.00 off man...
    my son tells me thats because there will be no support for adobe flash soon and maybe no os 2 and no android either ? Can anyone tell my why I should keep the pb (not b/c of the 300.00 off) also in USA is the pb off 300.00 too?

what are the pros and cons ...I was leaning to the samsung 10.1 at first or ipad2 but they are still price higher...thanks for replies...
    11-19-11 11:48 PM
    me too bought one w/o knowing anything about pb...but its 300.00 off man...
    my son tells me thats because there will be no support for adobe flash soon and maybe no os 2 and no android either ? Can anyone tell my why I should keep the pb (not b/c of the 300.00 off) also in USA is the pb off 300.00 too?

what are the pros and cons ...I was leaning to the samsung 10.1 at first or ipad2 but they are still price higher...thanks for replies...
    You son is a misinformed ***** which is much worse than simply being an *****. Adobe Flash is slowly being replaced by HTML5 both of which are currently supported by the BlackBerry PlayBook. The decision to abandon Flash in the long-term was made by Adobe across all platforms not just this tablet.
    11-19-11 11:59 PM
    to"BB9700CA
    CrackBerry Addict"

wow...did I hit your nerve or what! your indirect swearing online shows how immature you are or you may be offended easily with childlike emotions....

too bad b/c there is no way I can control what goes on the market ie...300.00 off must have been what you paid too much but so did a lot of others too... thats the marketplace
    11-20-11 08:09 PM
    There's a lot of raw nerves on the pb forum. Some by supports and others by the less enthralled, shall we say!

Everything about the future of the pb is speculation. Rim claims that they will support it. Hopefully, better than they have!

With the number of sales, including the pre-black friday sales, it does seem like it is being liquidated rather than merely sold to get more people to look at them. Who knows other than the non-communicative rim ceo's.

While HP was clear in its intent when the firesales occurred, I would not be surprised by rim dumping the pb! But again, all speculation.
    11-20-11 09:10 PM
    Welcome to Rimpire.
    Willard814 likes this.
    11-20-11 09:15 PM
    So its been a while now, and I am loving the PB. There are a couple little things that drive me crazy, but every device on the market has that.
    I do however have another question to ask about something I have been noticing. There are times when I am on the browser and it will randomly close itself. And i have tried to figure out why. Sometimes I will have four tabs open, sometimes I will have just the one.

Any ideas?
    12-03-11 05:47 PM
    Were you running Flash sites?

My browser also implodes. Mostly with multiple tabs but it also goes BOOM with just one tab.
    12-03-11 06:48 PM
    to"BB9700CA
    CrackBerry Addict"

wow...did I hit your nerve or what! your indirect swearing online shows how immature you are or you may be offended easily with childlike emotions....

too bad b/c there is no way I can control what goes on the market ie...300.00 off must have been what you paid too much but so did a lot of others too... thats the marketplace
    I typed the word m-o-r-o-n without the hyphens as I recall. I was not cursing nor swearing as I refrain from such behaviour at all times unless I am cursing myself.
    12-03-11 07:07 PM
    While HP was clear in its intent when the firesales occurred, I would not be surprised by rim dumping the pb! But again, all speculation.
    The "liquidated sales" are in advance of the release of BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0, not simply an operating system & environment upgrade. This has recently been confirmed by a management-type within Research In Motion.
    12-03-11 07:11 PM
    Well I am back with another question....
    Today I tried opening a .pdf with Adobe Reader and its not working. I downloaded it fro, my hotmail and saved it to my PB. From there I went to Adobe Reader, selected the file I wanted, selected open and then there is a pop up that says "the file path is not valid."

I am not techno wiz, so I dont really know what that means. Any ideas?
    12-18-11 08:35 PM
    While connected to a PC, and looking at the mapped Playbook drive, try moving the PDF file from the 'Downloads' sub-directory to the 'Documents' sub-directory.
    12-18-11 08:52 PM
    I'd also suggest moving it and also, if it has an odd/long name or odd characters in the name, rename it.
    12-18-11 09:30 PM
    Tried doing both of those. Still no dice. Are there any other programs that can run .pdf? This adobe is really starting to get on my nerves.
    12-20-11 08:13 PM
    I am not sure about Android versions that folks may be using under the beta????
    12-20-11 08:52 PM
    I am not sure about Android versions that folks may be using under the beta????
    RepliGo Reader is very good
    12-21-11 12:10 AM
    When i try to open a pdf file from a website, I have to save it then open it. Any way to just open the file and view it?
    12-21-11 05:55 AM
    I am pretty sure that you need to download it before viewing it on the pb. (I suspect that even on a computer, the file is temporarily downloaded in some manner so it can show up in a desktop browser's pdf viewer)
    12-21-11 09:03 AM
    Well I have tried all I can think of with this Adobe Reader. Even searched high and low on the adobe website. I cant find anything on how to sort out my Adobe problem. Looks like I will just have to wait and see what comes out. Its a big off, there is a lot of stuff that iI would love to read.....
    12-29-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD