Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New out of the box..1st things to do?

Newbie question alert..OK,assuming I've just opened my shiny new PB...ooh the anticipation...(apart from charge it)! what is the recommended proceedure for setting it up please...any suggestions..?
    CrackBerry Genius

When you first turn it on, it will walk you through the setup process. The only really annoying thing, you have to watch and do the 2 tutorials. Although they are good, just annoying if you already have used a PB and know about the bezel gestures.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10 > PassPort

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    Thanked by:
    xpeterpx (02-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Back it up using the desktop manager and enjoy.If you do not have the dtm download it from bb

Backing up an out of the box PB? What for? Back it up AFTER you load your apps and set the device to your liking.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,608 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69

1) Plug it in to an A/C outlet

2) Make sure you have a good Wifi connection

3) Turn it on and follow the online instructions
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

As EdS817 said, you NEED a wifi connection to complete the initialization and you want it connected to ac depending on its initial charge (which you cannot ascertain until it is setup!!!!).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Start researching cases. I read about everything written on the Internet about what was available before making my choice. I am partial to the genuine BB accessories, they are just so much more refined looking and fit perfectly. The Journal Case is just classy.