Hey everyone hope every one is having a good day. I just got my 32gb Playbook the other day i was curious as to what are some good accessories as well as sideloaded android apps? Ive read about the elusive blackberry keyboard dock. Are there others that also have the trackpad? Thanks for your help in advance.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    11-30-13 06:22 PM
    Welcome.

First.. the your Z10 with bridge is a key accessory, connected with trackpad feature enabled.

Secondly I would recommend an inexpensive Bluetooth speaker such as the earuption. Don't be fooled by the website price these can be found for under 35.00 new at various discount outlets. It is good value and a great accessory for the PB if purchased discounted.

Lastly a micro to standard size HDMI cable for viewing PB contents on a larger screen.
    sleepingninja13 likes this.
    11-30-13 07:09 PM
    Thank you.

i do have my z10 bridged to the playbook by far one of my favorite features is not having to bounce back and forth for a text message.

Im very impressed with the volume of the speakers on the playbook in comparison to my asus slider tablet. I do think i will be buying a bluetooth speaker shortly and thank you for the link.

when i use the hdmi out does it show everything from the playbook screen or does it only work when i am actually playing a video? sorry just curious ive never used the mini output on any of my devices.
    11-30-13 07:16 PM

when i use the hdmi out does it show everything from the playbook screen or does it only work when i am actually playing a video? sorry just curious ive never used the mini output on any of my devices.
    Your PB screen will be displayed on the device you're connected to.
    11-30-13 07:42 PM
    Your PB screen will be displayed on the device you're connected to.
    Thanks. I've have lots of devices with the mini output but I've never tried It out

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:44 PM
    Some apps, the native video player for instance, allow presentation mode. That will keep the video playing on the monitor while you use the PB as normal. It is also the only way I know of allowing the PlayBook screen to turn off during video playback.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-13 08:07 PM
    Some apps, the native video player for instance, allow presentation mode. That will keep the video playing on the monitor while you use the PB as normal. It is also the only way I know of allowing the PlayBook screen to turn off during video playback.
    Thanks Chad, aside from some of the TV apps in blackberry world is there any other way to watch shows on the playbook? I know Netflix doesbt work properly

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:13 PM
    Thank you.

i do have my z10 bridged to the playbook by far one of my favorite features is not having to bounce back and forth for a text message.

Im very impressed with the volume of the speakers on the playbook in comparison to my asus slider tablet. I do think i will be buying a bluetooth speaker shortly and thank you for the link.

Well, if you think Bridge/txt on the Z10/pb is something, the BRIDGE to OS7 devices allowed that for email and calendar entries. If an email came to one of those phones, you could view/reply on the full size PB. BB10 Bridge is quite crippled.

As for hdmi - there are actually two methods to view. The TV can fully mirror what the pb is showing, or you can actually show a video on the or other app on the TV, while you are doing something else on the pb, like answering mail or writing a doc. Settings control that.
    11-30-13 09:15 PM
    Well, if you think Bridge/txt on the Z10/pb is something, the BRIDGE to OS7 devices allowed that for email and calendar entries. If an email came to one of those phones, you could view/reply on the full size PB. BB10 Bridge is quite crippled.

As for hdmi - there are actually two methods to view. The TV can fully mirror what the pb is showing, or you can actually show a video on the or other app on the TV, while you are doing something else on the pb, like answering mail or writing a doc. Settings control that.
    The last BlackBerry device I had was the first bold I've actually been thinking about picking up an os7 device for fun. I moved into android and I phones and just was thrilled with them so I picked up the z10 bb10 is amazing I've even brought a few friends over with me.

Yea I think I'm going to have to play around with the hdmi outputs on both devices and see what I've been missing.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:23 PM
    Thanks Chad, aside from some of the TV apps in blackberry world is there any other way to watch shows on the playbook? I know Netflix doesbt work properly

Posted via CB10
    Having recently canceled my cable I'm new to the world of online TV watching. Amazon prime works. Some US networks allow you to watch shows online and there is a BB video store. I guess it all depends on what you want to watch.
    12-01-13 11:23 AM