Ive had my playbook for several months now. Never tried to create a playlist because I just didnt use it alot. But I'm spending time with a new female and we listen to complete different music and spending lots of time driving places. So I am working on loading some of her music on here and wanting to create a playlist for her. After playing around for an hour I searched and found where you cant really create playlist other then the stock default(which you cant even rename). So am I searching wrong and this is still the case? I know I can create one on a pc and move over, did that. But I figured out quickly it still wont let you edit that one *sigh*. No app I can download that will do this?

Next, she has a blackberry phone(dont know model number). If we turn on bluetooth for both, can we copy her songs from her phone to the playbook? What about editing playlist on her phone, then copy playlist via bluetooth to my playbook?

3rd. I see in the security section of enabling password. Is that the one for bluetooth, or everything even if connected via a pc? Is there a stock default password?

Thanks
    Last edited by Dale1999; 04-03-12 at 09:35 AM.
    04-03-12 08:27 AM
    I don't know anything about the playlist as I never used them.

For the music transfer your girlfriend would have to install the bridge app on her BB phone. I use an app called files and folders(paid)for PB which allows a copy and paste from Phone to PB. The native PB file manager will allow streaming from phone but only one song at a time. There are free apps that would do the same thing but someone else would have to tell which ones.
    04-03-12 09:11 AM
    ONE playlist only can be created on the pb. Odd but true.

You can create them on a pc and copy as you have done. Flaw - the pb seems to change the order of the list when playing. They know about it.

NO, you cannot use bt to copy stuff between pb and other devices. You can use Files&Folders which has that ability.

Password is for the entire device. You would need it once it kicks in. And do NOT forget it - the pb will be wiped of all data if you do not remember it.
    Dale1999 likes this.
    04-03-12 09:14 AM
    I'm with chaddface. Never use a playlist. I usually just listen on random.
    04-03-12 09:16 AM
    Ok, so the playlist issue is still correct. I am still trying to figure out what they were thinking when they limited it to one. Nextly, why its not "fixed" when it appears to be a serious complaint from my searching.

So an app would have to be loaded on the devices to transfer between. Will see if she wants to do that.

Did not see the info about it changing your order on playlist when moving from pc to pb. Good info

Thanks to everyone to responded. If anyone else has more info, feel free to share.
    04-03-12 09:34 AM
    With the bridge app you can pick which services get pushed to the PB. If she doesn't want things like her email and calendar on your PB you can simply turn them off and once her phone is out of bluetooth range nothing will be transmitted.
    The files and folders app would be on your PB and is useful for other things. I think they have a free trial in app world.
    04-03-12 09:43 AM
    Im reading the tips post. I downloaded the f&f app.

Yea, she wont want me reading her email.
    04-03-12 10:51 AM
    Cant find the bridge app?? Or is it already installed on the pb?
    04-03-12 11:16 AM
    The bridge app is for the phone, you can't find it on the phone? When you pair a phone with pb the bridge folder will appear on the PB. You can choose, on the phone what you want mirrored on the pb.
    04-03-12 11:22 AM
    Cant find the bridge app?? Or is it already installed on the pb?
    It would be installed on her phone through app world unless she is using att. The PB has the bridge app pre installed. It's in the settings under blackberry bridge.
    From the phone comes the control of which services gets pushed to the PB.
    04-03-12 11:23 AM
    ok, so it needs loaded on phone. She is on ATT, I know that.
    04-03-12 12:28 PM
    If you are not going to using bridge to surf with your pb the one in app world will work. If you plan to surf then you need to get the one other forum here that users have tweaked.
    04-03-12 12:39 PM
    no, just transfer data between the two IF she wants to do that.
    04-03-12 12:48 PM
    So an app would have to be loaded on the devices to transfer between. Will see if she wants to do that.
    Yes, to transfer wirelessly over Bluetooth. Of course, you could also simply plug both your PB and her BB into the same PC at the same time, and copy the files through the PC/laptop over USB.
    04-03-12 01:20 PM
    In PlayBook. Buy the iTunes Sync App. It contains instructions how to do this.

Basicly, download an iTunes Sinc app to your PC. Create a playlist in iTunes on your pc, name it PlayBook. Sync it your PB.

Or you can just sync it all pb and delete the ones you don't want. To delete in pb,go to Music> all songs, downswipe to open the edit feature and delete away.

Creating a playlist in iTunes is preferred to avoid a re edit in pb next time you do a sync.
    04-03-12 03:21 PM
    Cairns, dont mean to sound rude here, but if I wanted itunes(or as I call it icrap) I would have gotten an apple. I refuse to put that program on anything I own. And try not to touch an item that has it.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-03-12 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD