I have entered a new email account on PlayBook. It brought all of the new messages to the inbox but not the older ones.
    Is there some way to sync it up so I can look at older emails that I have received and sent. I noticed there was a sync option but it didn't seem to work.
    02-01-13 06:42 AM
    I think it might depend on the type of email account, and the method that the Playbook uses to connect to it (POP.IMAP etc.)
    Is a business email, or a FreeMail account(Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc). Yahoo etc. have various settings where you can control what happens when external devices access them

regards,

Chris.
    02-01-13 06:51 AM
    I think it might depend on the type of email account, and the method that the Playbook uses to connect to it (POP.IMAP etc.)
    Is a business email, or a FreeMail account(Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc). Yahoo etc. have various settings where you can control what happens when external devices access them

regards,

Chris.
    It is an old account which is currently being operated by AOL (I think).
    02-01-13 07:15 AM
    Messages typically doesn't retain emails (much) older than 30 days. If you want to see messages older than that, you can always access your accounts through the browser or use an android email app (K-9 Mail or Email).
    02-01-13 07:52 AM
    The current Playbook OS will sync back to a maximum of 30 days on a non-BES account. We're hoping to see that change when bb 10 comes to the playbook.
    02-01-13 08:19 AM