I have recently bought a new HP desktop computer (Windows 7) and when I first hooked the usb cable to the PB it showed the device attached,but would not download the software. So I went on line and downloaded the manager,but now when I plug the PB or my 9930 it shows the device but won't sync or let me configure,stating the computer doesn't support this device.

I can transfer music and view media,but only when devices are attached,and when I connect my BB,the time zone keeps getting changed. Is there anyway to fix this, or delete and reinstal the software, also I'm running .668 on the PB.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    09-08-12 07:03 AM
    You probably should've installed the desktop software, open it up and then plug in your PB. Try uninstalling the software, reinstalling and trying it this way.
    taz323 likes this.
    09-08-12 09:52 AM
    Also, what do you mean by only when devices are attached?
    09-08-12 09:54 AM
    When devices aren't attached,I am unable to open anything on desktop manager
    09-08-12 10:18 AM
    When devices aren't attached,I am unable to open anything on desktop manager
    As far as I know that's normal. When neither your PB or your BlackBerry are connected to the computer, the desktop software has no device to communicate with.
    09-08-12 02:01 PM
    As far as I know that's normal. When neither your PB or your BlackBerry are connected to the computer, the desktop software has no device to communicate with.
    Correct. BlackBerry Desktop Manager aka BlackBerry Desktop Software only works with BlackBerry devices plugged into the computer via USB data cable.
    09-08-12 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD