We all assumed there would be a new bridge for the OS 2.0 update but apparently there has been confirmation at Devcon reported by Berryreview...

Berryreview devcon
    02-07-12 11:20 AM
    Old news - this was demo'ed at CES a few weeks ago......
    02-07-12 11:37 AM
    But it's still good news!!!
    02-07-12 11:40 AM
    if i recall, jeff gadway from RIM at CES already explicitly said in a video that there will be an update for bridge once os 2.0 launches. But still, its nice to give this news a bump for people who have missed that video. +1
    02-07-12 12:15 PM
    Old news - this was demo'ed at CES a few weeks ago......
    Demo'd or announced? i find it odd they demonstrated a software package that probably wasnt't complete yet. Anyway it was off a twitter just now from BR. Was kinda inspiring at first that some real news was coming out of Devcon and now you say its rehashing of something already generally known. Just when you see a bright side, ugh.....
    02-07-12 12:24 PM
    What's new from DevCon was basically new developer tools to make it easier to make BB apps, or port their apps over to BB platform. Most of the stuffs that they demo at DevCon of OS 2.0 was already demo-ed before at CES. Oh wait, facebook integration in the messaging app was shown. Previously, it was only speculation as they only demo-ed twitter and linkedin at CES.

i still see it as a bright side though. Though there were no real announcement that of new consumers products. The tools available for developers looked impressive. It seems that RIM is really keen on luring more developer to develop or port their app over for their new platform. Which if works, will mean lots more apps for current playbooks and future devices. Thats brilliant news IMO, or maybe i'm just overly optimistic.
    02-07-12 12:35 PM
    What's new from DevCon was basically new developer tools to make it easier to make BB apps, or port their apps over to BB platform. Most of the stuffs that they demo at DevCon of OS 2.0 was already demo-ed before at CES. Oh wait, facebook integration in the messaging app was shown. Previously, it was only speculation as they only demo-ed twitter and linkedin at CES.

i still see it as a bright side though. Though there were no real announcement that of new consumers products. The tools available for developers looked impressive. It seems that RIM is really keen on luring more developer to develop or port their app over for their new platform. Which if works, will mean lots more apps for current playbooks and future devices. Thats brilliant news IMO, or maybe i'm just overly optimistic.

Nah, I agree with you. Its a step in the right direction.
    02-07-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD