As most of you know BB Desktop Manager Software 7.0.0.43 is out. While there was an issue with the download when it first dropped, its ok to download and install now. Not sure what else is new in there, but I found a new tab with 5 options. It's called Support Tools and it's found under Support Resources after you click the "?" in the top right side of the corner. There you will find 5 options:

1 - Generate Support Log
    2 - Change Log Level
    3 - Reset to Factory Settings
    4 - File System Dump
    5 - Turn Off Wireless Connection

They state the section and I quote "......can use these commands with the help of a technical support representative to troubleshoot possible issues with the Blackberry Desktop Software"

I think its a good addition and can prove to be useful, what do you guys think?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-12 08:20 AM
    Sounds good to me. I am downloading it right now on one of my pcs, even as I post.
    02-15-12 08:32 AM
    Cool, aside from what I posted here, everything else looks to be the same..... One step closer to 2.0
    02-15-12 08:48 AM
    Sounds like if you call BB tech support they're going to ask you to create a file, email it to thenm and wait for them to get back to you.
    02-15-12 11:26 AM
    As most of you know BB Desktop Manager Software 7.0.0.43 is out. While there was an issue with the download when it first dropped, its ok to download and install now. Not sure what else is new in there, but I found a new tab with 5 options. It's called Support Tools and it's found under Support Resources after you click the "?" in the top right side of the corner. There you will find 5 options:

1 - Generate Support Log
    2 - Change Log Level
    3 - Reset to Factory Settings
    4 - File System Dump
    5 - Turn Off Wireless Connection

I think its a good addition and can prove to be useful, what do you guys think?
    If I am not mistaken those options were available in BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1. In fact I know these options were available because I used them earlier this week while I was bored and just exploring the "unused corners" of the software.
    02-15-12 11:36 AM
    Sounds like if you call BB tech support they're going to ask you to create a file, email it to thenm and wait for them to get back to you.
    Its likely for the case when you dont have WIFI connection on your PB and cant submit the log files that way.
    02-15-12 11:52 AM
    If I am not mistaken those options were available in BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1. In fact I know these options were available because I used them earlier this week while I was bored and just exploring the "unused corners" of the software.
    Yes they were.
    I find 7.0x loads much faster than 6.1.x.
    02-15-12 04:11 PM
    Using my Acer W7 64 laptop, I downloaded and installed BB DS 7 this morning using the wifi in my Mexican holiday condo which is attached to a 2 Mbps DSL connection. The download occurred over less than 15 minutes and the install process took about 20 minutes.

Then I did my first organizer sync with my Torch 9800 under DS7. Everything was going smoothly until the organizer sync window showed 1% remaining and it kinda stalled there with a message something like "preparing view of sync summary results" or words to that effect. It was stuck there quite a while, like 5 - 10 minutes, so I decided to go into the windows task manager and check things out. The running apps list showed that DS was still running so I went into the list of processes and just shut down all the "unnecessary" processes such as the Hewlett Packard print schedule/update/reminder processes, the Western Digital "button" manager, the Acer "hotkey" process, the Google crash handler (none of this was needed cuz my printer is at home, my WD backup drive it at home, I never use the Acer hotkeys anyways and Google Chrome wasn't open). Then I decided to check CB and saw all kinds of posts about the new DS hanging up folks' backups etc. Kinda got me worried. But I figured since the Windows task manager showed DS still "running", it didn't say "not responding" which is what it would show if a program were actually hung up. Now, this is a 3 year old laptop, kind of a "cheap" one, and the 300 GB hard drive is close to 80% full, but it does have all the current W7 updates, so I figured it needed to churn for a while so I went out onto the balcony overlooking PV, sipped on some oj and used my PB a little while. About half an hour later I looked at the laptop and it had a list of all the "conflicts" between my Outlook organizer data and my Torch organizer data. There were about 200. Because I've been using my Torch way more than Outlook over the last few weeks since my last organizer sync, I selected the option to have the Torch data overwrite the Outlook data. Boom, it zipped thru the remaining changes needed to complete the sync process and I was good to go.

While I had a momentary concern, I came thru with flying colours. Well done RIM!!! I'm a very happy camper! Bring on OS 2!!!
    maxknux likes this.
    02-15-12 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD