Love it!

(Is this 10 characters now?)
    USB, MicroSD slot, etc can all be chiseled in by the consumer.
    02-18-11 02:33 PM

nope found it, the first tablet.

While I'm sure that this is a fine tablet, Rim has been working on their's longer. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 03:01 PM
    I can't say if I like how the article is written but I speak for myself.

If the PlayBook is that great, then it should sell for itself. Stop it with these waste of money marketing and teaser videos. People like myself are starting to get annoyed and want a concrete launch date.
    02-18-11 03:07 PM
    Wow, the level of anal retentiveness on this board stuns me sometimes. I'll simplify for you:

Saying someone is discredited because they say "Blackberry OS" instead of "Blackberry Tablet OS" is utterly ridiculous.

It's an OS. It's a Blackberry OS. Might as well fault those who say "Apple's OS" and not "iOS" because "Apple OS could mean the OS used on the Apple II!".

Your little passive aggressive dig about reading comprehension irritates me. .
    What is passive about his reading comprehension dig? Seems rather overt to me.
    02-18-11 03:15 PM
    There is no reason to worry. By the time PlayBook is out, if it actually happens, it will be totally forgotten or the iPad 2 will have killed it.
    Why Apple doesn't need an iPad 2

RIM is going to have the SPECS, but does it have the ecosystem that it needs to make the PlayBook successful right now? I think not!

Maybe 2012/2013 once we see both the Playbook and the Blackberry's all on the same OS with an App store that will support both and can attract developers that don't feel they are wasting their time. And once RIM makes a deal with some content supplier to provide content.... then the PlayBook might be a consumer contender.
    02-18-11 03:16 PM
    It's apparent that you do not understand how useless your comments are as they and your equally useless threads pop up randomly. I think you are actually a ban-able person because you contribute nothing to the forums. Nothing.
    Without getting into who's right or wrong, I'll just say this about banning. There are three people that are still members of this site that I fervently believe should receive lifetime bans. Just "not contributing" is a far less serious offense than those committed by the members that I'd love to see ejected.
    02-18-11 03:18 PM

RIM is going to have the SPECS, but does it have the ecosystem that it needs to make the PlayBook successful right now? I think not!

Maybe 2012/2013 once we see both the Playbook and the Blackberry's all on the same OS with an App store that will support both and can attract developers that don't feel they are wasting their time. And once RIM makes a deal with some content supplier to provide content.... then the PlayBook might be a consumer contender.
    he knows that, he's just in a competition to be the most annoying user of the crackberry forums.
    02-18-11 03:18 PM
    Without getting into who's right or wrong, I'll just say this about banning. There are a trio of people that are still members of this site that I fervently believe should receive lifetime bans. Just "not contributing" is a far less serious offense than those committed by the members that I'd love to see ejected.
    hmmmm well said davester.
    1812dave likes this.
    02-18-11 03:20 PM
    What is passive about his reading comprehension dig? Seems rather overt to me.
    Well, I took the substitution of "Your" with "The", to be the typical passive-aggressive third person "Someones reading comprehension..." when obviously reference a specific person, but lacking the stones to name them (even on an anonymous message board) but, I freely admit I may have misinterpreted a regular old **** comment to be a passive aggressive **** comment. Either way, it's still a **** comment.

Back on topic, anyone see that new study on tablet users? 30% now use their PC's significantly less, and 68% are very happy with their purchase? Not bad numbers for those of us considering the purchase of one.
    02-18-11 03:34 PM
    Here's where they lost their credibility for me:
    "In February 2011, RIM outdid itself and announced the PlayBook 4G LTE, HSPA+ and Mobile WiMAX models. They haven’t shipped."
    The article was written February 16 2011, so any casual passerby could see that if they're griping about something taking up to half a month to come, but to any crackberry user they'll know they're complaining about something not being released a couple days after it was announced when it was already mentioned that it wouldn't come out for a few more months...

I think that this person needs to at least learn the facts before they do pointless bashing...
    02-18-11 03:49 PM
    at the end of the day its an apple biased site, that because they get no love from apple have to hate on other platforms rather than laud their own by making apple related articles.

its just the same as walking into the verizon (or any network) store and the rep slating at+t to make you get the phone, nobody wants that, they want to hear about the merits of what you offer, not the disadvantages of your competitor.
    02-18-11 04:17 PM
    It's apparent that you do not understand how useless your comments are as they and your equally useless threads pop up randomly. I think you are actually a ban-able person because you contribute nothing to the forums. Nothing.
    I don't know whether he's just fooling and trolling around here or he is really that stupid. Gosh, I wish there was an ignore button on this forum.

RIM is well aware of the ecosystem aspect. That's why they've been doing this "road show" for the Playbook. It would have been totally stupid of them to release this product the "Apple way" (i.e. announce it, then make it available a month later), which seems to be what some people wish they did.

...The name of the OS IS Blackberry Tablet OS. Everyone here calls it QNX because QNX is making it and to differentiate it from the regular Blackberry OS in smartphones.
    I think it is rather deceiving to call it Blackberry OS without making any reference to QNX. It's like saying Microsoft Windows 7 instead of Windows Phone 7. It makes a difference.

I've never came across stories about the Playbook where the author mentions its OS without mentionning QNX as well.
    Last edited by Intosh; 02-19-11 at 01:03 AM.
    02-19-11 12:49 AM
    I don't know whether he's just fooling and trolling around here or he is really that stupid. Gosh, I wish there was an ignore button on this forum.

You can place people on "ignore". I think I've got 4 or 5 miscreants in my ignore list. Click on their name>View Public Profile>user Lists>Add to Ignore List>YES
    02-19-11 01:11 AM

The problem with that tablet is you could only write data to it once. The first truly rewritable tablet didn't come until years later and IMO, still hasn't been improved upon:

02-19-11 02:49 AM
    think it is rather deceiving to call it Blackberry OS without making any reference to QNX. It's like saying Microsoft Windows 7 instead of Windows Phone 7. It makes a difference.
    That's very accurate. I think that though that RIM, having bought qnx and essentially saying its the future os for most their devices, would like for us to go ahead and start superimposing this one mentally in place of the old when we hear "blackberry IS". IMHO, I think they yearn foe the day when they can put most of this old BB os in their past, maybe one day even 6.x

02-19-11 05:54 AM
    That's what I'm talking about, have a positive attitude. Do it yourself, not sure I will but hey let us know who will be first to try this and send pics

USB, MicroSD slot, etc can all be chiseled in by the consumer.
    02-19-11 01:43 PM
    I also think RIM should shut up and release the Tablet, im getting very jealous checking the vids and seeing what the playbook is capable of, now really wish they give a definate date! come on RIM get butts on gear! POW!!
    02-19-11 03:13 PM

...good one...
    02-19-11 09:58 PM

If the PlayBook is that great, then it should sell for itself. Stop it with these waste of money marketing and teaser videos. People like myself are starting to get annoyed and want a concrete launch date.
    hmmm funny considering marketing and advertising brings in billions of dollars and actually sells products, silly RIM using a tried and true way of selling their product. It would be better if they just didnt say anything then theyd probably sell WAY more. *note sarcasm*
    02-20-11 01:55 AM
    Or maybe it was my Speak and Spell from the late 70s.
    lol !! too funny
    02-20-11 06:48 AM

If you were really excited about a new car, would you want them to ship it to you before it reaches the end of the assembly line? "We're still finishing the ABS software, but let's ship it early because some folks are impatient..."

They are still on the same schedule they told you when you first heard the official announcement of the PB.

95% of the videos are shot by news and blogger sites, I don't think there's a lot of money going into most things we've seen and they'd be going to most of these conferences with or without the PB.

They've got to work to get the word out. It's not like Apple where someone can make up a rumor and it will spawn 157 major headlines...
    02-20-11 04:39 PM
    Even though the article seems to be written by a genuine Apple fanboy, there is some merit to it.The thing is RIM has had the hype going on, but how long can they sustain it without launching it. And the longer they go without launching the playbook, the more negative rumors will start making the rounds. That might stunt sales initially, and everyone knows that initial sales to expand the ecosystem is the trick to make a successful mobile product. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Apple fanboy in the least ( only Apple product I own is the Macbook), but RIM does need to ship the playbook soon. The RIM diehards will wait for it, but the others will not and converting the "others" is important.
    Having said that, its better to wait than to release a half a**ed product like the Samsung Galaxy Pad.
    On the topic of fanboys, here is something I need to know about the Ipad 2. Maybe the Apple fanboys here can help me.
    What exactly will be the selling point of the Ipad 2? As of now I've only seen reports of it being lighter,slimmer,cameras and more power. So that's a hardware upgrade. What exactly would the increased power be used for? I mean, unless apple has built a new OS from the ground up, they really can't use the better spec processor cos the iOS is really a basic OS. I think the original Palm Pilot did the same things that the iPad can do. So unless they are really building a new OS, do you fanboys really think that the iPAD 2 will be a match to the multitasking, flash playing, application running tablets, forget about Playbook the iPad doesn't match up to the half a**ed Galaxy Tab running Android. Sure the iPad is prettier and has a big screen which makes it heavy, unwieldily and not at all mobile.
    Seriously Apple has a much better and powerful and equally mobile product its called the Macbook Air.
    Apologies for the long windup....looking forward to hearing about the iPad 2 OS.
    02-21-11 09:25 AM
    I agree with the prior poster that, while I am not familiar with that person so I can't say if he is a fanboi or not, RIM has pushed the limit of the patience of many of its potential customers; otherwise discussions like this wouldn't be happening. This long since even the official September annoucement- though work on the playbook had transpired through a greater part of 2010- and not so much as a demo unit has been released to reviewers and commentators. The argument "waiting until complete" and "RIM wants to get it right" simply isn't going to squelch the growing flames- if nothing else because RIM itself said "this unit isn't where we want it to be yet" and "it will evolve over time" indicating that it won't be complete whenever it is released anyway and will require software updates (though all these devices are like that now, in rim's defense).

02-21-11 10:17 AM
    LOL, There are already rumors about the iPad3 coming out and the hype will be sustained. It's just that some people are too impatient.

Would the Storm's history be different if they hadn't released it until one more firmware version was ready?
    02-21-11 01:50 PM
    I agree with the prior poster that, while I am not familiar with that person so I can't say if he is a fanboi or not, RIM has pushed the limit of the patience of many of its potential customers; otherwise discussions like this wouldn't be happening. This long since even the official September annoucement- though work on the playbook had transpired through a greater part of 2010- and not so much as a demo unit has been released to reviewers and commentators.
    I am sure that if they announced it much later without the time to get plenty of developers onboard then the blackberry haters would not have immediately pounced on a lack of apps as a reason to diss the playbook at all, of course not.

Rim announced it early at a developer conference with a specific aim in mind and until 31st march they are still on schedule to release it when they originally said they would.
    02-21-11 03:50 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD