Is there a way to delete the existing one song that is on the PlayBook?

Or even the existing Photos?

I hate having preloaded stuff, and it doesn't show up when I attach the PlayBook via USB or WiFi. The only things that show up are what I downloaded, and they aren't even under pictures they are under 'downloads'.
    04-21-11 11:11 AM
    There was a poster that mistakenly did a security wipe and it removed everything. Games, pics, videos.

Not really the solution though.

Have noticed every time I delete resident apps, there's a 2mb ota install that re-installs them.
    04-21-11 11:18 AM
    I would like to get rid of a bunch of preloaded stuff they put on here. I hope they fix the fact that we can't delete these things or somebody comes out with an app that lets us do it because I'm sick of something I don't want taking up space on my device. Whoever started doing this kind of preloaded stuff you can't get rid of should be shot.
    Last edited by dfaris; 04-22-11 at 07:48 PM.
    04-21-11 11:23 AM
    I don't mind the pictures, but when I listen to my music on shuffle and this odd song comes on, it's just whack. :P
    04-21-11 11:23 AM
    can't you access it through you laptop or desktop? Just enable file sharing on your playbook then go to a laptop or desktop click start -> run -> type "\\playbook"

It will prompt for your playbook username and password then try to find the files you are trying to delete. Personally I haven't deleted the default files i'll try it later tonite when i get home to my playbook but I don't see why that wouldn't work since you can browse the file structure of the playbook that way.
    04-21-11 01:23 PM
    can't you access it through you laptop or desktop? Just enable file sharing on your playbook then go to a laptop or desktop click start -> run -> type "\\playbook"

It will prompt for your playbook username and password then try to find the files you are trying to delete. Personally I haven't deleted the default files i'll try it later tonite when i get home to my playbook but I don't see why that wouldn't work since you can browse the file structure of the playbook that way.
    I can view all of the files I've downloaded through my computer, but not the included videos, pictures, or songs. Not sure why your method would be any different then using explorer to find the files, and I enabled show hidden files as well.
    04-21-11 02:27 PM
    I can view all of the files I've downloaded through my computer, but not the included videos, pictures, or songs. Not sure why your method would be any different then using explorer to find the files, and I enabled show hidden files as well.
    it wouldn't but you never know until you exhaust all options. Also you didn't mention if you were just using DM to look for music or if you were actually browsing the file structure. Have you tried doing a search for the song in explorer? or maybe searching all *.mp3 files never know it may be in the blackberry os folder or something
    04-21-11 02:49 PM
    The default media files (ie. the Pete Yorn song) are not part of the regular media share. I suspect they are bundled into the app. This should be changed.
    04-22-11 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD