I was talking with a netflixs rep today. He informed me the reason why the Pb and any other bb devices wont have their service is due to copyright infringement since bb servers are in Canada instead of the states .Im bum out .i love my Pb and netflixs :-(
    06-24-11 07:34 PM
    Netflix reps are about as well informed about this as the RIM reps are about the timing of the next PlayBook update. The PlayBook doesn't (yet) use BIS, so traffic isn't routed through RIM's servers.

Still, it probably won't be coming to the PlayBook any time soon. There are a lot of contributing factors, not the least of which is the time and effort involved with developing and maintaining the app for a device that hasn't sold very well. Also a contributing factor- Microsoft and Netflix share some key investors, and the PlayBook might be too close for comfort when it comes to Windows 8 tablets.
    06-24-11 07:42 PM
    Netflix reps are about as well informed about this as the RIM reps are about the timing of the next PlayBook update. The PlayBook doesn't (yet) use BIS, so traffic isn't routed through RIM's servers.

Still, it probably won't be coming to the PlayBook any time soon. There are a lot of contributing factors, not the least of which is the time and effort involved with developing and maintaining the app for a device that hasn't sold very well. Also a contributing factor- Microsoft and Netflix share some key investors, and the PlayBook might be too close for comfort when it comes to Windows 8 tablets.
    All good points but where have you seen besides what bloggers and slew of people guessing how the PB have sold, we as consumers and people not in the know have any clue as to how many they have sold. Now don't get me wrong, i know if they had sold a ton of the playbook they would have said so but we can't be sure if they would have or not. I have yet to see an official number from Apple, Motorola, and any tablet maker that has a device in the market. I'm not bashing you i'm just saying, no one knows and to keep speculating and saying this like "due to poor sales" is crazy.
    06-24-11 08:24 PM
    I have yet to see an official number from Apple, Motorola, and any tablet maker that has a device in the market. I'm not bashing you i'm just saying, no one knows and to keep speculating and saying this like "due to poor sales" is crazy.
    WWDC 2011 by the numbers: 25 million iPads, 450K apps, 90K iPad apps, $2.5 billion to devs | TiPb

"We�re covering WWDC 2011 live! And along with WWDC always comes facts and figures. Here�s an interesting one � Apple has sold over 25 million iPads in the past 14 months. This figure includes the original iPad and the iPad 2."
    06-24-11 08:35 PM
    Thats a lot of sheep.
    06-24-11 10:27 PM
    Thats a lot of sheep.
    And yet you've owned a 9800 Torch, 16 AND 64G PlayBooks, and 7 older BB's going back to the 950

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    howarmat likes this.
    06-24-11 10:34 PM
    RIM's figures as of the quarterly report were 500k shipped. Even if all of those sold (they didn't) and none of them were returned (they were), it's still "not selling well"
    06-25-11 01:41 AM
    WWDC 2011 by the numbers: 25 million iPads, 450K apps, 90K iPad apps, $2.5 billion to devs | TiPb

"We�re covering WWDC 2011 live! And along with WWDC always comes facts and figures. Here�s an interesting one � Apple has sold over 25 million iPads in the past 14 months. This figure includes the original iPad and the iPad 2."
    I wonder how many they would have sold if there was another tablet on the market the same time the iPad came out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 03:29 AM
    I wonder how many they would have sold if there was another tablet on the market the same time the iPad came out.
    Don't forget that MS has been pushing Windows tables for years, unsuccessfully. The iPad just hit the right target, which is why it caught on.
    06-25-11 08:29 AM
    It depends on whether the tablet market behaves more like the phone market or the music player market. So far (15 months in) it looks more like the latter.
    06-25-11 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD