I went and got my mouse. With the mouse, and the precision of the pointer, I can manage my queue. With the delay, my fingers just weren't working. I can navigate just fine now, but there is a couple of seconds lagtime.
    06-11-11 09:49 AM
    Lots of complaints about the NEW netflix site. Check out the user comments here:
    http://blog.netflix.com/2011/06/new-...x-website.html
    06-11-11 10:54 AM
    there's a Netflix app that works just fine.

i really don't understand your need to complain when you can either take the device back or use a perfectly acceptable workaround.
    It someone has an issue and needs help I see no problem with it.

Geesh..

Tim
    06-11-11 11:20 AM
    True, looks like the updated site is a colossal failure. Maybe lawguyman should bring his concerns to the Netflix people instead of RIM.
    It is working for me on my Playbook, but I don't like what they've done with it either.
    06-11-11 11:21 AM

Geesh..

Tim
    I think his issue is that the op was in the form of a rant, not a post for help or assistance. Anyway, looks like we have a pretty good handle on the situation at this point. The site IS working with Playbook. It seems to be laggy for some people, and the navigation is awkward. Maybe this is a case where the actual web site is designed so poorly that an app makes more sense? I just tried the Playbook Netflix app, and it is lightening fast, well organized, and easy to use. Maybe those who are unsatisfied should add to the complaints at Netflix and use the app at least for now.
    rjom likes this.
    06-11-11 11:40 AM
    My original post was a rant. Rants have their place too.

Most of the complaints about the new Netflix site seem to be about features, not performance. With Playbook, there is a performance issue. This suggests that the Playbook's browser still needs some work.

I still have found no explanation about why google maps doesn't work right. How can we expect things to get improved if no one complains about them?

Plus, if your slogan is "full web" it should kind of mean full web.
    06-11-11 11:51 AM

Geesh..

Tim
    it's pretty clear you haven't followed ANY of the OP's rants.

he complains constantly about the device.
    06-11-11 11:54 AM
    I think his issue is that the op was in the form of a rant, not a post for help or assistance. Anyway, looks like we have a pretty good handle on the situation at this point. The site IS working with Playbook. It seems to be laggy for some people, and the navigation is awkward. Maybe this is a case where the actual web site is designed so poorly that an app makes more sense? I just tried the Playbook Netflix app, and it is lightening fast, well organized, and easy to use. Maybe those who are unsatisfied should add to the complaints at Netflix and use the app at least for now.
    I did not even know there was a Netflix App. Looks great. Thanks
    06-11-11 12:00 PM
    it's pretty clear you haven't followed ANY of the OP's rants.

he complains constantly about the device.

That's not true.

I only complain about the bad stuff.
    06-11-11 12:11 PM
    That's not true.

I only complain about the bad stuff.
    lol.. okay, lawguyman, but c'mon, this thread title and your op turned out to be not quite accurate - and rjom gave you good advice all the way back in post #8.
    Now lighten up and load the excellent Netflix manager app.
    I'm unsubscribing to this thread now. It's done.
    06-11-11 12:18 PM
    A little off topic...but close. I never saw the Netflix App in App world. What category was this under?

Are there other places to get Apps?
    06-11-11 12:33 PM
    1 - theres an app
    2 - netflix.com works just fine for me
    06-11-11 01:17 PM
    OP did you try restarting your PB? If not then i'd try that as well and see if that fixed your issue becuase from what ive read here, some people arent having that issue.
    06-11-11 02:11 PM
    Netflix.ca has never worked for me. With the site revamp of Netflix, I can at least load some of the home page and scroll - but little to no interaction. Sometimes the response is just crazy slow for the top menus, but I can't select movies/shows.

Now, no one is actually getting streaming right? If you are, please tell me how!

Please direct me to this netflix app you speak of. I don't have one in my app world. Do you have a direct link?
    06-13-11 12:17 AM
    Just type Netflix into the search bar in app world and it should come up.

And, yes, no streaming yet.

The app works great.
    06-13-11 05:52 AM
    Netflix.ca has never worked for me. With the site revamp of Netflix, I can at least load some of the home page and scroll - but little to no interaction. Sometimes the response is just crazy slow for the top menus, but I can't select movies/shows.

Now, no one is actually getting streaming right? If you are, please tell me how!

Please direct me to this netflix app you speak of. I don't have one in my app world. Do you have a direct link?

That is because you are using the canadian app world store... I also live in Canada and it won't show up in appworld... i have a second router with vpn on it when i connect my pb to it and search in appword i can clearly see a netflix app... But it's only a queue manager so no streaming...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 07:32 AM
    Here is the screenshot i took...
    Attachment 88439
    06-13-11 07:37 AM
    The new netflix site doesnt work for me at all either. I can't click on any of the tabs at the top or do a search in the search box. I suspect that those without problems accessing the site are still linking to the old version of the site. Netflix rolls out new versions of the site to its user-base over a period of a week or more.
    06-13-11 11:51 AM
    I just asked my buddy with an iPhone 4 and he had the same issues I had. He said the old website was unusable to him though. Maybe he was exaggerating though, I dont know.

I have found I cannot arrange my Queue at all on the PB. I have not tried searching yet. I can load pages/tabs fine though.

Weird. Worked perfectly on the old site.
    06-13-11 12:28 PM
    That is because you are using the canadian app world store... I also live in Canada and it won't show up in appworld... i have a second router with vpn on it when i connect my pb to it and search in appword i can clearly see a netflix app... But it's only a queue manager so no streaming...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The other reason the App is not on the Canadian AppWorld is there is not a movie que in the Canadian Netflix web site, so a que manager APP would have nothing to connect to.

Robert
    06-13-11 12:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD