Investigating further. I'm really excited about this, although OS 2.0 beta suggests Netflix support IS comming.

Read along this forum [Q] Netflix on Nook Color "MUST UPGRADE" message - xda-developers Seems like we're not alone...
    01-06-12 01:52 AM
    ok has anyone tried this??? Rooted playbook owners?

I'm trying to convert this as we speak.
    01-06-12 02:07 AM
    ok has anyone tried this??? Rooted playbook owners?

I'm trying to convert this as we speak.
    Hello, Mikelcal.

Can you give us an update? did it work?

Has anyone have better news for the rest of users?
    01-10-12 12:52 PM
    Watch movies on Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series directly from your PB browser. It's a free service with some ads and works like a charm.
    Crypt1c and mgs351bob like this.
    02-21-12 08:22 AM
    Has anyone tried Netflix on Playbook 2.0? Please let me know if it works via browser.
    02-21-12 09:37 AM
    Has anyone tried Netflix on Playbook 2.0? Please let me know if it works via browser.
    No, it won't work for the simple reason that Netflix in a browser requires Silverlight. The only real Netflix solution at present is PlayOn, which you install on your PC and then can access from anywhere. It's $20 a year, though, and the Netflix implementation is basically viewing things from the beginning only (i.e., it doesn't allow you to resume viewing where you had left off) . . . .
    02-21-12 10:14 AM
    Watch movies on Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series directly from your PB browser. It's a free service with some ads and works like a charm.
    This is great Now I am not so concerned about a Netflix app. My 4 yer old will love Spiderman. Thanks
    02-23-12 02:36 PM
    so i sideloaded one of the netflix apps, launched it with ics and i get to log in and it asks for the update, i hit cancel and it just returns me to y recently watched. screenshot below. i'll just use it to see what i can browse through for now. makes not having to load it up on my ps3 a bit convenient.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 03-14-12 at 02:07 PM.
    03-14-12 01:53 PM
    But does video streaming work? That is what never worked for me..

Thanks!

well i got this working no problem first try, im a canadian user and i didnt have t update or anything. just sideloaded it and voila. one thing tho, i left development mode on, i usually do that when i use android converted apps. im not a programmer or anything but i think that might have something to do with it.
    03-14-12 01:56 PM
    crap half my post is missing from when i added the extra bit. nope says cant find the stream. so i put ics into debug usb mode and im going to see what i can do in there. its a good start, all we really need is level one access to paths to direct the app to either bypass the update or to install it. hafta reboot, ugh. takes forever.... im still going to search the interwebs for a working version and if i find it I'll post here.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 03-14-12 at 02:22 PM.
    03-14-12 02:19 PM
    can u sent me the working bar?
    12-24-12 02:25 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD