Current company we are BLACKING OUT: Netflix
    Why?: They failed to listen to what the consumers want, 5,707 people used their OWN time to sign a petition (Here is the thread for the petition) and Netflix see's this and still states, they don't have any plans to support BlackBerry. Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won’t Support BlackBerry!

NETFLIX WANTS TO PLAY HARDBALL!
    Even after seeing our petition, Netflix still doesn't want to cooperate!
    Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won’t Support BlackBerry!
    Looks like we are going to have to have a Netflix BLACKOUT. We must make a date for all of us to unsubscribe, I will make a Twitter account to tell them, they need to get ready for the BLACKOUT!
    Black stands for BlackBerry.
    Out stands for how many users they will be 'out' of.

All we need to do now is set the date and see how many users would REALLY participate in this event.

THE BLACKOUT-Twitter
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 03-03-12 at 12:55 PM.
    03-03-12 12:50 PM
    Fight The POWER!!
    no netflix for me, but ill support in any way i can
    03-03-12 12:52 PM
    I just posted this response to your idea in another thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post7199833
    03-03-12 12:58 PM
    PLEASE give it a rest already. Don't like it, don't subscribe. Order something else.

I have Netflix. I don't plan to participate.
    03-03-12 01:03 PM
    PLEASE give it a rest already. Don't like it, don't subscribe. Order something else.

I have Netflix. I don't plan to participate.
    Some of us believe in fighting for what we want, you don't like it don't look at this thread post...
    Chrisy, Hawkeberry, KermEd and 3 others like this.
    03-03-12 01:06 PM
    I just posted this response to your idea in another thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post7199833
    [email protected]
    03-03-12 01:13 PM
    The unofficial thread wasn't enough?

Netflix lost over 800,000 subscribers last year; do you really think the couple dozen (couple hundred, if I'm incredibly generous) people who might participate in this stunt will make anyone at Netflix bat an eye?
    03-03-12 01:17 PM
    The unofficial thread wasn't enough?

Netflix lost over 800,000 subscribers last year; do you really think the couple dozen (couple hundred, if I'm incredibly generous) people who might participate in this stunt will make anyone at Netflix bat an eye?
    Yes, I do.
    If we address them and tell them that it was BlackBerry users on a certain day...
    Like you said they lost 800,000 users last year, they can't afford to lose anymore...
    03-03-12 01:31 PM
    With all due respect to you, guys, who are fighting to get all these big name apps, I must say that all you are doing may actually be hurting the Playbook's reputation.

First, you make so much noise in the media that the Playbook doesn't have these essential apps, which in fact turns away customers even more.

Second, when the developer turns the Playbook down, this sends another signal to the world that the Playbook is not worth developing for. And this comes as big news in the media with the Playbook becoming the target for ridicule.

Third, to be honest, email, petition, and Tweeter campaigns are not going to change anything. Those big guys have done their cost-benefit analysis and, frankly, it's not a matter of how many PB owners there are, but a matter of RIM and the developer sitting down at the table and negotiating the terms. In other words, it's not your job to attract those developers, it's RIM's. Your voice won't be heard as much as you think.

Fourth, there is the issue of rationality. If you and your family find Netflix services valuable, why would you want to turn it off? Just to show your allegiance to a device or company? Similarly, why don't you throw away your Windows computer and switch to Linux and Open Office to show your dissatisfaction with Microsoft not developing Skype? Why don't you blackout Amazon? Etc.

Indeed, give it a rest and let RIM sort things out. They know the Playbook needs the apps. I am pretty sure they've been working hard to get those apps, but haven't reach some agreements with the developers yet.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-03-12 at 02:10 PM.
    03-03-12 01:32 PM
    @kennyliu I understand your opinion, however RIM isn't always the fastest at deals and whatnot...
    After Netflix we can BLACKOUT whoever we want!
    03-03-12 01:51 PM
    With all due respect to you, guys, who are fighting to get all these big name apps, I must say that all you are doing may actually be hurting the Playbook's reputation.

First, you make so much noise in the media that the Playbook doesn't have these essential apps, which in fact turns away customers even more.

Second, when the developer turns the Playbook down, this sends another signal to the world that the Playbook is not worth developing for. And this comes as big news in the media with the Playbook becoming the target for ridicule.

Third, to be honest, email, petition, and Tweeter campaigns are not going to change anything. Those big guys have done their cost-benefit analysis and, frankly, it's not a matter of how many PB owners there are, but a matter of RIM and the developer sitting down at the table and negotiating the terms. In other words, it's not your job to attract those developers, it's RIM's. Your voice won't be heard as much as you think.

Fourth, there is the issue of rationality. If you and your family find Netflix services valuable, why would you want to turn it off? Just to show your allegiance to a device or company? Similarly, why don't you through away your Windows computer and switch to Linux and Open Office to show your dissatisfaction with Microsoft not developing Skype? Why don't you blackout Amazon? Etc.

Indeed, give it a rest and let RIM sort things out. They know the Playbook needs the apps. I am pretty sure they've been working hard to get those apps, but haven't reach some agreements with the developers yet.
    This is coming from someone that isn't all that interested in Netflix.

1. If it is essential the will know when they look at it or after buying it.

2. They already turned it down if they haven't made anything for it. And most people against the PlayBook will be using it against the PlayBook anyway so It won't be new news but they will report it. But if the numbers are high enough, having the press sauna company is saying no even with 8X number of people wanting it might raise eye brows for other developers out there. They might see that there are a large enough number of users wanting appsnfor for them to jump on QNX.

It's harder with a app like netflix because of the contracts and right needed to show content but for other apps it might make someone jump in. They may not want to fight a bigger company but if they don't want in then the little guy might be able to get in and get a following without competition for a while. It might be the what they need to make an impact.

3. They do that based on numbers they come up with. Those numbers are guesses. The numbers from something like this might be much higher then they thought. If that is the case they would have to re look at things. Also having a large number of existing members leave affects your current sales. That can be a problem. Could be small, or big. Depends on how many jumped in.

4. Some might see value but might be disappointed that it isn't available on another device they own. If that company that they put monthly says the other device doesn't matter it might upset some people. If they were on the fence about the service that might be the blow that knocks them off. Just because you use a service it doesn't mean you are 100% happy.

Example. I was with one cable company. That company passed me off. I threatened to leave for a competitor but they didn't seem to care. This happened a few times. One day I happened to be talking to another company with no plans to leave. Left with info and called when I got home for more info. In 15 minutes I was switching 2 of my three services. Down the road I switched to another product they had so I could give them all 3 services. The other company has been at my door at least twice with special offers. I say no thanks and send them on their way.

If you get a customer you want to try hard to keep them. Within reason. You have to wonder if they figured in the amount of current customers they could lose when they ran the numbers? If so I wonder if their number was right?

James
    03-03-12 02:15 PM
    Current company we are BLACKING OUT: Netflix
    Why?: They failed to listen to what the consumers want, 5,707 people used their OWN time to sign a petition (Here is the thread for the petition) and Netflix see's this and still states, they don't have any plans to support BlackBerry. Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won�t Support BlackBerry!

NETFLIX WANTS TO PLAY HARDBALL!
    Even after seeing our petition, Netflix still doesn't want to cooperate!
    Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won�t Support BlackBerry!
    Looks like we are going to have to have a Netflix BLACKOUT. We must make a date for all of us to unsubscribe, I will make a Twitter account to tell them, they need to get ready for the BLACKOUT!
    Black stands for BlackBerry.
    Out stands for how many users they will be 'out' of.

All we need to do now is set the date and see how many users would REALLY participate in this event.

THE BLACKOUT-Twitter
    Why would Netflix create an app for a device that's not popular in the consumer market? The playbook isn't a top seller, and the blackberry brand is rapidly declining.
    03-03-12 02:31 PM
    Crazy talk!!
    anon(3896606) and Willard814 like this.
    03-03-12 03:11 PM
    Why would Netflix create an app for a device that's not popular in the consumer market? The playbook isn't a top seller, and the blackberry brand is rapidly declining.
    Actually it is a top seller at Future-Shop and Best-Buy!
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-03-12 03:19 PM
    crazy talk!!
    blackout everyone!!!!!!!!!! Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    03-03-12 03:19 PM
    Uhm..... Top selling tablet at Bestbuy and Future Shop.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-03-12 03:20 PM
    I for one are in, no wonder we are sheep to the government and getting our rights taken away bit by bit...cuzz we never fight for anything! Little or big we have to band together and they will have no choice but to listen! So count me in! Tell me the day and time and I make the call!
    03-03-12 03:22 PM
    Not sure. I wonder why they did make an app for my Tivo a couple years ago. Another product which is and has long been in decline in terms of installed base. So they are at least being inconsistent about it.
    Last edited by southlander; 03-03-12 at 03:34 PM.
    03-03-12 03:24 PM
    I already canceled Netflix when they raised their rates and offered less. I considered signing up again when I had an Android. I would rejoin if they offered a PlayBook app! So I'm with you.

Nothing wrong with petitions and actions.
    03-03-12 03:28 PM
    I'm with you too. Unfortunately, I cancelled mine after I signed the petition so I can't cancel it again, but I did send an email to their PR dept telling them why - not that they'll give a darn.

I still think there's more to this than meets the eye. There is no commercially valid reason why Netflix would want to ignore playbook users.

How hard have RIM really tried to get these people onboard?
    03-03-12 03:42 PM
    @kennyliu I understand your opinion, however RIM isn't always the fastest at deals and whatnot...
    This may be a self limiting strategy.
    Eventually you'll be BLACKOUTing RIM and then you'll be BLACKOUTing the supermarkets and then you'll be that kooky guy in the forest who has 2 tin cans and a long piece of string and eventually you'll just BLACKOUT.
    Please keep this thread updated, with pictures if possible, it will be like Rambo: First Blood
    03-03-12 03:54 PM
    Uhm..... Top selling tablet at Bestbuy and Future Shop.
    This is an accomplishment, but it's likely due both to the strength of 2.0 as well as Apple's event announcement regarding the assumed iPad 3, so we'll see what happens.
    03-03-12 03:54 PM
    That's not saying much at all. I'm not saying the playbook is trash; just saying that it has no mindshare amongst the general public. If the playbook was considered an exciting new product along with strong sells, all the apps you guys/gals are crying about would be available.
    Willard814 and skynny70 like this.
    03-03-12 03:57 PM
    Not sure. I wonder why they did make an app for my Tivo a couple years ago. Another product which is and has long been in decline in terms of installed base. So they are at least being inconsistent about it.
    Netflix was a new company a couple of years ago. It made sense for them to create a Tivo app...
    03-03-12 04:00 PM
    At heavily discounted prices. I like my Playbook, but c'mon -- does anyone really think a device that only sold well once it basically hit clearance prices to be a great success?
    pantlesspenguin and skynny70 like this.
    03-03-12 04:59 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD