Hi all.
    Just wondering if 200$ is good or to much for this Playbook. It appears to be unlocked or Rogers maybe. It accepts a fido card and I know fido never carried it. Now I know a fido card worked in my Rogers Z10. So it could be locked to Rogers. He don't know. Anyway Rogers is fine cause that's who I'm with.
    I was thinking of offering 150 and seeing if he counters.
    Let me know what you think
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:33 PM
    LTE models were a tep up over the general PlayBook device. The processor is faster and that's always good.

200 sounds ok for me. If you can get 150, even better.
    12-17-13 02:37 PM
    Anywhere in between those two numbers is a steal for the LTE version in my opinion.. providing you're going to use the LTE..

Personally I'd prefer a non LTE version for $100 or so (sometimes less) and use bridge, but that's just me. The LTE version is slightly better even if you just end up using it on wifi or bridge.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-17-13 02:38 PM
    Anywhere in between those two numbers is a steal for the LTE version in my opinion.. providing you're going to use the LTE..

Personally I'd prefer a non LTE version for $100 or so (sometimes less) and use bridge, but that's just me. The LTE version is slightly better even if you just end up using it on wifi or bridge.
    I'd use the LTE as a non LTE just for the processor boost lol!
    12-17-13 02:49 PM
    I bought a new LTE off kijiji a few weeks ago and it worked with both our Bell and Rogers SIMS, so I assume it is unlocked. The lady I got it from had bought it for her son and later decided an Android would be a better fit. She had gotten it from a Blackberry employee a few weeks before and sold it to me for $100; what she had paid for it. It was new in box and never booted.

A fair price would be $100-150. More wouldn't be unreasonable, but they are getting pretty old and I noticed the 7" Android tablets have gotten pretty cheap, though they are not as good a fit if you own a BlackBerry phone and use Bridge to get data on your PlayBook. The LTE PlayBook is pretty quick on LTE, but bridged to a BB10 phone, it will still have pretty quick data.

I bought mine for the quicker processor and I am pleased with the performance. I read the reviews and realised it had a smaller battery and the battery would not last as long, but I am never far from a charge souce in the car or at home.

If you are familiar with the Playbook and can get a good price from the seller, you will probably be happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    12-17-13 05:31 PM
    The seller has agreed to 150, but now I wonder if it's still to much doh! I am familiar with the PlayBook. Me and my GF have one . OMG your serious, they put a smaller battery? Why? Run out of space? With the cell radio? How much smaller. Don't make sense, add a option that probably requires xmore power and add a smaller battery. Wow.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:52 PM
    I think 150 is a pretty good price, however you can find ones for cheaper on ebay but they are the ones being currently sold by blackberry to their employees that have the sim card tray sealed. So if your just looking for a faster processor that could be a route to go. This user seems to have sold quite a few on ebay if your looking for alternatives, he is in Canada also.

Blackberry Playbook 32GB 7 inch Tablet WiFi Only New 400040635451 | eBay
    12-17-13 09:15 PM
    I just got one with the sealed sim card tray, it's is no longer sealed

They put one drop of glue dead centre of the tray, a thin blade me light work of it, pop in SIM card and voila! I will never use it as a 4G PB, but wanted the option.
    whosuredaddy69 likes this.
    12-19-13 05:30 PM
    The lte worked?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:49 PM
    Sorry for the late response, but yes it did. I just used my phone sim card and we don't have great lte coverage here. It said 4Glte was connected and I could surf the net. I didn't test the speed though and haven't tried it again since, I just use the Bridge or a hotspot usually.
    01-05-14 07:29 PM
    Wow thanks for the information I might have to buy one as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 07:39 PM
    I also picked up one of those BB employee clearence 4G LTE capable 32gb PB from the ebay seller linked above. Haven't tried to unseal the sim tray and don't have a reason to yet. This was a good deal, the PB was brand new and is noticeably faster with the 1.5 Mhz processor on board. It's a nice 'upgrade' to a discontinued product that I still use daily and still does everything I need it for. I'm not so sure if the battery is smaller than the wifi versions, haven't noticed a difference so far.
    01-06-14 09:39 AM
    The battery is smaller, 4800mA vs 5300, but I haven't noticed a real difference in battery life. I'm never to far from a charger anyway.
    01-14-14 09:31 AM