When I swipe to wake up my PB from standby, at least once or twice a day the display has a color negative appearance. If I put the device in standby and wake it up, it's fine.

Anyone else experience this?
    04-27-12 09:27 AM
    When I swipe to wake up my PB from standby, at least once or twice a day the display has a color negative appearance. If I put the device in standby and wake it up, it's fine.

Anyone else experience this?
    Nope, has your unit been rebooted in a while? Seems to work on these types of issues
    04-27-12 09:52 AM
    I have been experiencing the same problem for some time now and it has escalated to a backlit black screen with streaks vertically. As stated sleep and wake up restores it but this looks like evidence of graphic chip failure. If i saw this activity on a laptop that is what i would suspect.

Any one else?

I am going to try a reinstall of the OS.

Thanks
    09-13-12 08:21 PM
    Mine did that also. It got to the point where it would take 8 - 10 touches to the power button to get the screen to come on. I called Customer Support, went through a number of phone calls back and forth trying to figure it out, and they eventually replaced my Playbook even though it was beyond the one year warranty period. I'd suggest giving them a call to start the process. I was very satisfied with what they did.
    09-13-12 09:40 PM
    I have been experiencing the same problem for some time now and it has escalated to a backlit black screen with streaks vertically. As stated sleep and wake up restores it but this looks like evidence of graphic chip failure. If i saw this activity on a laptop that is what i would suspect.

Any one else?

I am going to try a reinstall of the OS.

Thanks
    This started happening to me too. Has this been resolved?
    09-26-12 06:26 PM
    This has been happening to me for months. Ive done a few wipes and no change. At one point, i would have to press the physical power button to put it on standby, swinpe to wake, get tha backlit black screen with vertical lines, physical power button, swipte to wake up to 10 times.

NOw it happens rarely. but it does still happen.
    Last edited by killa4luv; 09-27-12 at 12:41 AM.
    09-27-12 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD