Hello all,

One of my friend travel to India next month from US. I am planning to get a 32gig PlayBook.
    Is everything ok with that? or do i face problems in installing OS and using Indian Wi-Fi ? Any drawbacks in owning a playbook bought in US? I am gonna use that in India.

I am newbie here...
    01-30-12 11:18 AM
    I don't think there is any issue with usage as such. However, I visited a BB Service center in India and AFAIK, they denied warranty coverage to a customer who had bought tablet from UK. So, better check it.
    sakve likes this.
    01-30-12 11:40 AM
    You shouldn't have any problems using the Playbook in India. Just make sure you have a US-based payment source (PayPal, credit card) to purchase apps.

Edit: Ditto on the warranty.
    sakve likes this.
    01-30-12 11:40 AM
    I am buying mine to use in South Africa.Would the app store be registered with the US store or will it be the South African App store?When i sign in with my Blackberry ID that is registered with South Africa,i am sure it should automatically redirect me to the South African app world...

Please advice???
    01-30-12 12:05 PM
    I am buying mine to use in South Africa.Would the app store be registered with the US store or will it be the South African App store?When i sign in with my Blackberry ID that is registered with South Africa,i am sure it should automatically redirect me to the South African app world...

Please advice???
    BlackBerry have a stupid system which does not care about Where your ID is registered. It all depends on WHERE you are when you try to access AppWorld, since it uses IP address to determine where you are.

So - IF you are in US and download some apps - and then travel to SA or any other continent, you will still be able to use the apps downloaded while in US, but you might find that some apps will no longer update...
    sakve likes this.
    01-30-12 01:00 PM
    HI All, Thanks for all your posts....

I heard Update 2.0 for PB will be out in Feb 2012 , so if i buy PB in US, can i still update my OS to use all the updates..

Main drawback is to check whether warranty is there for India or not? Next is accessing Appworld...

Anything else friends?
    02-01-12 02:35 AM
    I would guess that the OS update will roll out globally.

Why don't you call Blackberry USA and see what they say?
    sakve likes this.
    02-01-12 02:38 AM

Please advice???
    I'm also in South Africa but I haven't tried buying apps yet but what I would like to suggest to you is to also the vodafone R201 wireless 3G from vodacom, it's the size of my BB storm and makes a great combo. It cost about R999.00 ZAR. It may be connected up to 5 devices. You won't have any regrets.
    02-01-12 02:57 AM
    I would guess that the OS update will roll out globally.

Why don't you call Blackberry USA and see what they say?
    Been getting the updates more or less the same time as you guys get it. I check for updates when I see here on the forums that an update is out.
    sakve likes this.
    02-01-12 03:02 AM
    I'm also in South Africa but I haven't tried buying apps yet but what I would like to suggest to you is to also the vodafone R201 wireless 3G from vodacom, it's the size of my BB storm and makes a great combo. It cost about R999.00 ZAR. It may be connected up to 5 devices. You won't have any regrets.
    Thanks for the advice.I intend to get the Vodafone R201 wireless 3G.How is the bridge feature with our networks?Is the bridge feature working well?

Please advice!!!
    02-01-12 06:06 AM
    Thanks for the advice.I intend to get the Vodafone R201 wireless 3G.How is the bridge feature with our networks?Is the bridge feature working well?

Please advice!!!
    So far it's been nothing but a good experience, although the browser is pretty slow at times, maybe because I use a storm which has OS 5, some people here recommend the bold 9900/30, you might as well buy it that side since you know that vodacom has expensive prices. I myself am looking to get one so busy looking for a cheaper store. So my advice is, if you can, buy a bold 9930.
    fredrismos likes this.
    02-01-12 06:20 AM
    I got the 9810 already.I can't wait to be home and start enjoy the great features of the playbook.Thanks for the great advice.

Cheers
    02-01-12 08:31 AM
    HI All, Thanks for all your posts....

I heard Update 2.0 for PB will be out in Feb 2012 , so if i buy PB in US, can i still update my OS to use all the updates..

Main drawback is to check whether warranty is there for India or not? Next is accessing Appworld...

Anything else friends?
    Hey stop worrying . you can buy it from anywhere and will be able to use it like anybody else who bought it from India. The only thing that would be affected would be warranty as it would not be applicable here in India.

Stop worrying and have fun.
    02-01-12 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD