I think it would be good if Crackberry added a sub-menu to the PlayBook section of the forums.

Lovers
    Haters

We need to get the two set apart. It does no good to go into a thread
    to get information, as per the threads title, and find everything else but what the
    thread should be about.

I would probably visit and post in both the lovers and haters forum. But more
    moderation in keeping the threads on topic is needed badly.

Right now the Playbook thread is a mess and needs some TLC from Crackberry.

Tim
    04-26-11 11:05 AM
    Let the Haters hate.
    All the smart people know they just want us to get iPads.

It's called insecurity. They do it to make us think like they do.
    04-26-11 11:29 AM
    Let the Haters hate.
    All the smart people know they just want us to get iPads.

It's called insecurity. They do it to make us think like they do.
    This is exactly the type of post that is not needed. It should have it own place and not allowed to clutter things up.

Tim
    04-26-11 11:38 AM
    I think the mods need to start actually taking care of this forum. I have NEVER seen a forum were trolls are allowed to constantly post nothing but pure bull****. Go to some other forums posting like most of these trolls do and see how fast you are banned.

It is sad that these people have nothing better to do with there lives then come to a forum of a product they hate... I for one am getting sick of this forum and I am sure there are many other Blackberry Fans who now hate even logging in.
    sleepngbear, Zizzzzy and scmosher like this.
    04-26-11 11:38 AM
    They could use several more sub-forums. The threads are added and move on too quickly and it's difficult to follow a particular thread/subject.
    04-26-11 11:50 AM
    I think the mods need to start actually taking care of this forum. I have NEVER seen a forum were trolls are allowed to constantly post nothing but pure bull****. Go to some other forums posting like most of these trolls do and see how fast you are banned.

It is sad that these people have nothing better to do with there lives then come to a forum of a product they hate... I for one am getting sick of this forum and I am sure there are many other Blackberry Fans who now hate even logging in.
    I have to agree here. I was browsing the iPad forums last night, for the **** of it. It was actually a pretty clean place. Not a lot of trolls or arguing about other brands. I dont know if the mods crack down over there or if BB/Android owners aren't venturing into other forums to trash talk like it seems a handful of Apple owners are doing here (and Android in the phone areas). I do not understand why people enjoy doing that... Stock holders I guess.
    04-26-11 11:55 AM
    Unfortunately sub forums won't help, its going to happen regardless. I try to ignore it, but sometimes its hard.
    I'm sure it will die down soon
    04-26-11 11:57 AM
    Using the Ignore List is very helpful for the obvious trolls. The one flaw in that plan is that it won't be able to block one of the biggest trolls in the PB forum since they have moderator status
    04-26-11 12:07 PM
    Unfortunately sub forums won't help, its going to happen regardless. I try to ignore it, but sometimes its hard.
    I'm sure it will die down soon
    It can be helped. I moderate some other forums and am a member
    on several and it can be done. Trust me.

Just take the will of the owners and the mods to make it so.

Sub forums will help with the organization and help put things
    in some form of order.

Active moderation and sub-forums wold work, has before and will
    again if Crackberry wants it.

Tim
    04-26-11 12:11 PM
    I have to agree here. I was browsing the iPad forums last night, for the **** of it. It was actually a pretty clean place. Not a lot of trolls or arguing about other brands. I dont know if the mods crack down over there or if BB/Android owners aren't venturing into other forums to trash talk like it seems a handful of Apple owners are doing here (and Android in the phone areas). I do not understand why people enjoy doing that... Stock holders I guess.
    The reason popular message boards for Apple products don't have massive troll is because the majority of their products work. Sorry, but that's the truth. Apple has smooth operating devices whereas every other company is trying to catch up. MacRumors is a perfect site that shows how few Apple users complain compared to those who are very happy with their devices.

If you see major negative posts on a device, it's because it's not that functional. BlackBerry followers may hate it, but it's true. Demand does not lie, as does stock prices and revenue numbers.
    04-26-11 12:23 PM
    The "real" reason is that Apple actively deletes posts that are negative to Apple and it's products from it's forums.

To think otherwise is just being foolish.
    04-26-11 12:27 PM
    The reason popular message boards for Apple products don't have massive troll is because the majority of their products work. Sorry, but that's the truth.
    No, that is not the case. Sorry, but that's not the truth. iPad forums have plenty of issue threads.

Funny I post about trolling and get trolled... Your post history speaks for itself.
    04-26-11 12:32 PM
    of course they do, they can't delete them all. Are you seriously claiming they don't delete negative threads?

Apple has a well documented revisionist view of history.
    Last edited by arteekay; 04-26-11 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Sorry, didn't follow who was posting, my bad.
    04-26-11 12:35 PM
    See how things go off topic? Cant we leave the IPad vs Playbook crap somewhere else?

Tim
    04-26-11 01:00 PM
    Yes, take that crap somewhere else. I'm really getting sick of reading about those threads everywhere, when they never intended to be a PlayBook vs iPad thread.

As for what the OP is saying, I completely agree with him. Moderators should take more of an action in preventing so much trolls. It clogs up these forums with nonsense. Yeah, the search button works, but who wants to use that to find what they need when they could easily go to the forums and find it quickly. Except that's not possible with so much trolls prowling around these parts of the Internet. But I actually don't think there should be any more forums then there is for the PlayBook, the trolls just need to go away and/or the moderators need to stop letting people troll around here.
    04-26-11 01:10 PM
    I have been thinking about this for a few days now as i am spending so much more time filtering through garbage threads, not just posts. i think a few sub forums could help lean things up a lot. the forum is so active that i can post is a thread and by the time i finish reading the next thread,the last one is alresdy on the second page

perhaps a troublshooting subforum for the numerous dead pixel, bridge priblems, ect. most specifically i think a sub forum that mods csn move the most productive and informational threads to so they dont get lost in the mix where users could not start new threads but still contribute to those moved there. i am thinking of threads like using orb to stream your media collection, threads with software tutorials on video converting for pb and others you really want new users that come to the forum looking for info to be able to find.
    04-26-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD