I plugged my playbook charger into the wall and it has the charger icon rather then the lightning bolt. I tried several different electrical outlets as well. I don't understand why all of a sudden its doing this. I did a restart and everything and still nothing. Any thoughts guys? Thankss
    03-02-12 08:56 PM
    Are you using the charger that came with the PB? I noticed that my playbook won't charge using any of my existing chargers except the one that it came with.
    03-02-12 09:06 PM
    I use the Rapid Wall Charger that has the magnetic end... it saves the USB port for backups on the Desk Top Manager.

I always had problems using the USB wall charger and I was getting concerned that I would mess up the port.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-12 09:09 PM
    This has happened a couple of times with mine. Even though it showed the little plug icon instead of the lightning Bolt, it still charged. Leave it plugged in for a while and see what happens. If that doesn't work try getting a new charger. The one that came. With my PB died after six months.

I do, however, highly recommend that you get the rapid charger. It connects via the 3 pin magnetic connector, and will save the usb slot from the constant ware. Unfortunately, the usb slot seems to be the PB's weak spot.
    03-02-12 09:20 PM
    If I have a PB phone use that charger plug it into a wall receptacle. You never mentioned how low the battery is. Let it charge slowly over night. Mine charges up bout 3 hours so not to panic! lol
    03-02-12 09:20 PM
    Are you using the charger that came with the PB? I noticed that my playbook won't charge using any of my existing chargers except the one that it came with.
    I just connected my PB to the charger that came with my bold 9930. I've never tried it before so I can as curious. Believe it or not, but the battery icon shows the little plug symbol instead of the lightning Bolt. However, according to battery guru, it is charging the PB.
    03-02-12 09:27 PM
    There also was some talk on here about some defective chargers that got replaced.
    03-02-12 09:34 PM
    I plugged my playbook charger into the wall and it has the charger icon rather then the lightning bolt.
    What's the difference? I'm having problems charging my PB.
    03-02-12 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD