i dont know how can pb get the best rating in html5 test coz actually when you use the pb's browser ull get to know its the worst and choppiest .... no matter the page is loaded fully or not whenever u scroll those ugly checkered boxes come up + it take too much tyme to start the browser itself.... the pinch to zoom is bad and the frame rate of scorlling is bad ....will these things be removed in the bb 10.....guys i wanted help from your side to reduce those checkered boxes .....

this was a honest review on the browser ....plzzz dont mind it folks
    leedium likes this.
    01-03-13 11:01 PM
    Do you want compatibility or performance?

If you go into settings and disable flash and JavaScript, the browser is a lot smoother and faster, however you won't be able to view flash content.
    01-03-13 11:33 PM
    I Agree with the above comment. The more you push the pedal the more power it takes.
    01-03-13 11:39 PM
    For your information, the PlayBook browser is made in Adobe Flex. Just wait for the BB10 upgrade and the browser will skyrocket your arse to the moon! ;-)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-03-13 11:39 PM
    Hopefully, we'll have that BB10 browser next month. My hope (dreaming?) is that it drops on the 31st! A day after announcing the new phones would be awesome.
    01-04-13 10:57 AM
    Hopefully, we'll have that BB10 browser next month. My hope (dreaming?) is that it drops on the 31st! A day after announcing the new phones would be awesome.
    Some here who "have friends at Rim" say not until summer and when it does come it will have hardly any apps.

I like to think differently Our precious PlayBook's will rise!!!
    01-04-13 11:57 AM
    Some here who "have friends at Rim" say not until summer and when it does come it will have hardly any apps.

I like to think differently Our precious PlayBook's will rise!!!
    We're getting a bit off topic here but from what I've read, going from here to BB10 is a very simple process with apps?
    01-04-13 12:04 PM
    I would think so but hey I'm not a developer lol but yes from what I've read.
    01-04-13 12:38 PM
    Sometimes I wonder if the people complaining about slow loading and checkerboards on the PB browser are connecting to the Internet via a potato as opposed to a proper high speed connection. My PB is usually connected to a fast access point and I don't have any issues with slow and choppy web browsing. I browse sites that are quite heavy in content, too. If you're accessing the Internet on a slow connection, any device is going to be uncomfortable to browse the web with.
    djenkins6 and Gikes like this.
    01-04-13 10:09 PM
    that's what exactly i want bro
    01-04-13 11:49 PM
    im on a 8mbps downlaod connection bro ....dats not the point .....you compare the browser to any other platform and the other plkatform is smoother (unless it is symbian :P)
    01-04-13 11:52 PM
    im on a 8mbps downlaod connection bro ....dats not the point .....you compare the browser to any other platform and the other plkatform is smoother (unless it is symbian :P)
    You obviously haven't spent much time on Android, then. Even with JB 4.1.2 and the latest Chrome, browsing is a crap shoot. Sometimes it renders the page fine, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the page scrolls smoothly, sometimes it lags with large blank areas (i.e. Android's version of "checkerboarding").

And sometimes, if you've been a very naughty boy (for example, browsing CrackBerry from your Android tab), Chrome will punish you by locking up the entire tablet.

Bottom Line: I'll take "slow and steady" over "fast and unstable" any day of the week...but then I'm one of those people who preached the benefits of Windows NT back when everyone was still running DOS/Windows 3.xx.

RCK
    uncaringbear likes this.
    01-05-13 12:08 AM
    Bro......I'm an android guy.....I have a HTC sensation...I use aokp 4.1.2 and use the stock browser and it is super smooth on my phone
    01-05-13 08:51 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if the people complaining about slow loading and checkerboards on the PB browser are connecting to the Internet via a potato as opposed to a proper high speed connection. My PB is usually connected to a fast access point and I don't have any issues with slow and choppy web browsing. I browse sites that are quite heavy in content, too. If you're accessing the Internet on a slow connection, any device is going to be uncomfortable to browse the web with.
    My playbook loves my 30mbs connection, my router is a Super Spud not an ordinary potato
    01-05-13 09:08 AM
    I have to agree with the OP.

The playbook browser is a P. O. S.

First of all I must hold the world record on selecting an url link, tapping 18 times before the browser picked it up and redirected me to that site.

I'm sorry but all these suggestions of turning off flash and especially javascript are for naught because the majority of sites out there NEED javascript, use jquery and many of the sites using flash need javascript to embed itself on the pages!(swfobject)

HTML5 fallback video does not work. Turning of flash in my browser render the native HTML5 video option if available, and it doesn't. In other browsers it does. (however this may come downtown programming of the sites )

Checkerboarding is insanely stupid. I ran a test vs a 10.1 Note, ipad3 3, and a Sony tablet, and the Page rendering blew the PB out the water. I'm not talking initial Page load, I'm talking just scrolling down the Site!!!

Playbook is 10 times slower CONNECTING to a Page than an iPhone 3g, on the same network!!? Gimmie a brea!. Same hz /band settings.

Constant crashing, no bookmark organization, no Site icon in URL bar, inconsistent text /link selection, no way to share links or urls easily, NO WAY TO CHAGE THE USER AGENT!

UI / UX is slow and choppy.

The browser is built with AIR for Pete sakes!!!! What a joke.

The only good things about the Browser for me is that trough flash, I can watch all my streaming sports and listen to live radio.

I'd never trust this browser to do anything work related or anything of real importance.

Can't wait to see what BB10 has to offer because if RIM hasn't ironed out these issues,....it's game over.
    01-05-13 09:45 AM