hi,

i haven't had a playbook for a month yet. its running the latest os .156 or something, it wasn't running to well so i read online to back it up and do a security wipe

so i did this, now i'm unsure on how to restore.. i know where i saved the backup but it doesn't give me the option to restore

please any help much appreciated. thanks!
    04-04-13 02:45 PM
    Using BB desktop software it is under "Device" in the top left corner. Backup... Restore... Delete Data... Never changes. But maybe I am not following. Is the device on and already setup in the condition it would be brand new? Either way, if you get it going be prepared for the device to take a day or two to settle down. You might get browser crashes and the like. The last time I did this the browser took a while to settle down and work properly. The time before that it was like a breath of fresh air.
    04-04-13 02:59 PM
    hi,

i haven't had a playbook for a month yet. its running the latest os .156 or something, it wasn't running to well so i read online to back it up and do a security wipe

so i did this, now i'm unsure on how to restore.. i know where i saved the backup but it doesn't give me the option to restore

please any help much appreciated. thanks!
    do you have BlackBerry Desktop Manager??? if not download using the link below,,, there will be an option to restore in the menu,,, for future reference, if your PB is running slow, 1st- try clearing your cache in the browser settings,,, 2nd- press volume up & power button @ the same time,,, continue to hold until the "start/standby/off" menu disappears,,, wait 3 seconds, then release,,, this will do a simulated "battery pull" & reset the OS...

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...247A852FAD3647
    04-04-13 03:02 PM
    i did all these.

sorry, forgot to mention i have blackberry desktop software. backed up my old device - then reset. my device now is 'brand new' similar to what it would be from just purchasing it. but it won't let me put the backed up information onto my device :S
    04-04-13 03:11 PM
    also don't have the standard videos/pictures the playbook comes with

edit: i did a factory reset/ security wipe
    Last edited by Araslan; 04-04-13 at 03:45 PM.
    04-04-13 03:30 PM
    also don't have the standard videos/pictures the playbook comes with

edit: i did a factory reset/ security wipe
    try reloading most current os (.1526) via DTM then give it another shot,,, sounds like you may have incomplete os or may have interuppted installation,,, it's a hassle, i know but maybe start from square 1,,, rewipe, reinstall, restore...
    04-04-13 04:16 PM
    but it won't let me put the backed up information onto my device :S
    Do you get some sort of error when you try? What does it say?
    04-04-13 04:20 PM
    try reloading most current os (.1526) via DTM then give it another shot,,, sounds like you may have incomplete os or may have interuppted installation,,, it's a hassle, i know but maybe start from square 1,,, rewipe, reinstall, restore...
    Are you saying I should rewipe? (just did it before posting)

To the above poster, it says nothing. It leaves the restore option slightly grey and unusable however, I can chose the location of the backup..
    04-04-13 04:43 PM
    I would rebbot both PC and PB and try again.

I think you loose the factory wallpaper and video with a security wipe. The debrick, which would wipe and restore the entire OS would bring them back.
    04-04-13 04:59 PM
    Could you explain the debrick please
    04-04-13 05:16 PM
    Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    04-04-13 05:31 PM
    Did you move the backup file from its original location? If I remember correctly the desktop software is only going to look in one location for the file.
    04-04-13 05:40 PM
    Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    Thanks for the info, what good will it do me now? Restore stock pics and video? Will try tomorrow

At the above poster, yes I did but I did change the location for back up files on bb desktop. Tried with out moving first

Update: can't install big appear like need for Speed or modern combat 2 says error at the end of installation process
    04-04-13 06:02 PM
    Still unable to download applications, going to ring blackberry
    04-05-13 05:44 AM
    Still unable to download applications, going to ring blackberry
    their tech support is great...
    04-05-13 04:30 PM
    Did you try a debrick? Can't hurt since you've already wiped.
    04-05-13 04:36 PM
    Haven't had a chance to debrick or call them yet, will get to that soon.
    04-06-13 06:56 PM