I got my playbook today! Yay! But I can't get my 9700 to bridge successfully.

No matter what I try I end up with "Unable to connect Blackberry Bridge with 9700. Please ensure Blackberry Bridge is installed on your smartphone and turned on."

I'm running an AT&T 9700 unlock on Rogers network. and 6.0.0.480 (unshrunk).

Any help appreciated
    04-21-11 02:54 AM
    Is Blackberry Bridge installed on your Blackberry smartphone?

Cheers,
    04-21-11 02:55 AM
    yes it is. I've tried installing from app world and from the ota link...
    04-21-11 02:57 AM
    ok if Bridge is installed on your smartphone it should be a matter of a quick 3 minute thing.

Playbook -

Goto Settings - Tap Blackberry Bridge (If you have entries from previously bridged berries, just tap on it. If not, then tap setup.

Name your playbook, then it will ask you to ensure that Bridge is installed.

Tap continue. You should see a QR Code that you can take a snapshot of with Bridge on your Blackberry. On your Blackberry Smartphone open Bridge and make sure it is on.

It may ask you to turn on Bluetooth is you have it disabled on your phone.

Once Bluetooth has been enabled on your berry, you will have to select "Add New Tablet" and follow the instructions.

If the above doesn't work, then msg me back and we'll do a manual bridge.

Cheers,
    04-21-11 03:03 AM
    So from what I can tell, its not a pb issue as I got a different 9700 on OS6 to bridge with my pb.

So its gotta be something with my 9700... any suggestions?
    04-21-11 12:43 PM
    Just got my playbook today and I am having the same exact issues connecting my blackberry playbook with blackberry bridge with my blackberry 9780 with T-Mobile.
    "Unable to connect Blackberry Bridge with 9780".
    04-21-11 04:17 PM
    I get the same error too, really pissing me off!
    04-22-11 04:27 PM
    I get that once in awhile.

True a battery pull on the 9700 and try again.

I noticed that if you are going to sever the bridge, it's best to use the disconnect from the PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 04:30 PM
    I rebooted my playbook and went to bluetooth and deleted my 9700. I then deleted the playbook off my 9700 then did a battery pull. I then setup the bridge with the barcode and it worked.
    04-22-11 04:32 PM
    After being totally frusted with this, I decided to follow the RIM instructions here exactly - and poof, it worked!
    04-27-11 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD