Hi, I'm not a power user in any stretch of the imagination but I've tapped and clicked around for quite awhile on my playbook and can't find how to delete multiple emails - multiple meaning dozens and dozens. I used to manage my communications very easily in my 9860 but highlighting the date and clicking on delete prior. I can't find that feature on my Z10 (I posted this there as well) or my Playbook. Any suggestions other than deleting the account? Thanks
    06-02-14 02:03 AM
    me too, I have one set up to check emails but it doesn't delete emails I've taken off via laptop so I have 92 sat waiting for me to sit and go through one at a time.

I know there is supposed to be a quick way but I have never found it.
    06-02-14 02:09 AM
    Tap and hold the date row in the HUB. In the right menu there will be read prior and delete prior.

Posted via CB10
    garfers likes this.
    06-02-14 02:12 AM
    Tap and hold the date row in the HUB. In the right menu there will be read prior and delete prior.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't notice it was the PlayBook forum, but at least on BB10 it works.

Posted via CB10
    garfers likes this.
    06-02-14 02:16 AM
    Hi, I'm not a power user in any stretch of the imagination but I've tapped and clicked around for quite awhile on my playbook and can't find how to delete multiple emails - multiple meaning dozens and dozens. I used to manage my communications very easily in my 9860 but highlighting the date and clicking on delete prior. I can't find that feature on my Z10 (I posted this there as well) or my Playbook. Any suggestions other than deleting the account? Thanks
    When you are in your messages screen, where the left one-third lists your messages and the right two-third shows the open email message you are reading, swipe down from the top. A drop-down menu opens at the top. Tap the third from right icon, i.e., the "Select" icon. Once you do this, you will notice that the list of messages on the left one-third will now have grey boxes to the left of each message. At this time, on the right two-third of the screen, you will not see a trash can icon on the bottom right yet.

Once you select one or more messages by tapping the grey box next to each message which you want to delete, the two-third right of the screen changes and a trash can appears at the bottom right. Tap the trash can and a confirmation box will open asking if you are sure you want to delete the selected messages. Tap "Delete" and the message or messages you selected will be deleted.

If, after having tapped "Select" at the drop-down menu and you then change your mind and do not wish to select any messages for deletion, just tap the grey "Cancel" button at the top of the left one-third of the screen. An alternative is to swipe down from the top and the drop-down menu opens up again. You will notice the third icon from the right, i.e., the "Select" icon now says "Cancel". Just tap that and it brings you out of the selection screen and back to your regular messages screen.
    Last edited by bb4ty; 06-02-14 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Add more information.
    garfers and Cracklen like this.
    06-02-14 11:05 AM
    ^ You can even hold on a message and then tap another one to select everything in between.
    bb4ty, scrapmetal58 and garfers like this.
    06-02-14 11:07 AM
    Hmm, I was sure hoping I was overlooking something and that there was a way to delete all prior but I guess not. Bummer. Guess I will just delete the account because I don't have the patience to delete 5at a time. Thanks for all the helpful information and I am sure I will be back with more questions!!
    06-05-14 01:09 AM
    Hmm, I was sure hoping I was overlooking something and that there was a way to delete all prior but I guess not. Bummer. Guess I will just delete the account because I don't have the patience to delete 5at a time. Thanks for all the helpful information and I am sure I will be back with more questions!!
    You can delete as many as you want. Just swipe down from the top and tap on select and just tap on all the emails you want to delete. It might not work as fast and as smooth as BB10 but it does work.
    garfers likes this.
    06-05-14 06:24 AM
    If you use it in portrait mode you'll be able to select more.

Posted via CB10
    garfers likes this.
    06-05-14 12:30 PM
    Yes there is a way to delete ALL PRIOR. As others (ksantor) in this thread have said, on your Z10, long press the DATE (very thin area) and when the options on the right side appear click on "Delete Prior"...that will delete all prior emails

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    garfers likes this.
    06-07-14 02:24 AM