The NDK will go into Beta this summer. The "planned" Gold release is at DevCon 2011 (Oct 18-20th). That'll leave 2 month for Devs to release any good apps in 2011!!!!!

Register and listen to the Official NDK Webinar here.

Lobby

Skip to minute 40 for the release schedule.
    06-03-11 11:49 AM
    ugggg some more "this summer".... i guess its better then nothing.
    06-03-11 01:54 PM
    hey at least this summer is something.
    06-03-11 02:33 PM
    "This Summer"; "Q1"; Can someone tell Mike and Jim that they look and sound like a couple of ***** and the stock price reflects this. It's like these guys are still feeling the effects of the sucker punch from the original iPhone release. Man up, adapt, and conquer or step aside for someone else to take RIM to the Promise Land.
    06-03-11 02:40 PM
    It is a good thing we never have summer in Seattle - no expectations!
    06-03-11 02:43 PM
    I'm not complaining. I had to wait over a year for the NDK for iOS when the iPhone came out, and there were a lot of issues then too. I'll be impressed by any company that manages a functional NDK so early in the game. It's not a small undertaking.
    06-03-11 02:43 PM
    October 18-20th is the Fall. That's the official release. I doubt many big name developers will mess with the summer beta. Looks like 2012 will be the year for apps.
    06-03-11 03:25 PM
    October 18-20th is the Fall. That's the official release. I doubt many big name developers will mess with the summer beta. Looks like 2012 will be the year for apps.
    You can be sure that any of the devs that are interested in Playbook development will be using the beta, and many of them will release apps based on it. It's almost trivial to release an update to support the final release when that hits.

I expect a lot of major anouncements during the Developer's Conference for those who will wait.
    06-03-11 09:25 PM
    That is an impressive schedule in my opinion. I'm excited to see the apps as they roll out.
    06-03-11 09:38 PM
    They'll use the beta because those that do are guaranteed higher sales from less competition...
    06-03-11 09:39 PM
    Need for Speed was developed with a PRE Beta NDK I very much think App developers excited to get started would start on a LEAKED NDK if they could get started on it now.
    06-04-11 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD