I accidentally deleted my bb playbooks native music player. I cant find where to get it back at
    01-09-14 11:43 AM
    I accidentally deleted my bb playbooks native music player. I cant find where to get it back at
    You should go with Neutron Player in App World, MUCH better player.

Are you sure you didn't just accidently move it someplace else? scroll around sideways and up and down to make sure you did actually "lose it". If you did, I think you'll have to to a System Restore, back up EVERYTHING Music, docs, movies etc. and then Restore, if you really want that specific native app.

Neutron all the way.....

c
    fakiefiveforty likes this.
    01-09-14 12:08 PM
    You should go with Neutron Player in App World, MUCH better player.

Are you sure you didn't just accidently move it someplace else? scroll around sideways and up and down to make sure you did actually "lose it". If you did, I think you'll have to to a System Restore, back up EVERYTHING Music, docs, movies etc. and then Restore, if you really want that specific native app.

Neutron all the way.....

c
    Well considering i dont the funds to do what i want with my playbook i will have to restore it. I am new to the playbook could you sort of walk me through the process
    01-09-14 01:02 PM
    Hi Joe, welcome aboard.
    The point is, you cannot delete the music app. It is part of the core OS.

The most probable cause is that you've drag-droped it over another app/feature icon and created a folder.
    Look around if you have an icon with multiple "mini-icons", probably labelled "folder 1" or something like that.
    If found, tap on it to open and ... voila !

If you have none of this kind, then you can just check for updates within the settings (swipe down from the top of the screen, select "software updates" and tap the search for updates button. (BTW you might have an whole update, as PB OS got a recent 2.1.0.1753 release). If music player is missing it'll bring it back. Your PB must be connected to wifi and I strongly suggest you plug it into the wall charger.

Try this and let us know, before you go into something more hard core !
    jpash549 and Carl Estes like this.
    01-09-14 01:23 PM
    Hi Joe, welcome aboard.
    The point is, you cannot delete the music app. It is part of the core OS.

The most probable cause is that you've drag-droped it over another app/feature icon and created a folder.
    Look around if you have an icon with multiple "mini-icons", probably labelled "folder 1" or something like that.
    If found, tap on it to open and ... voila !

If you have none of this kind, then you can just check for updates within the settings (swipe down from the top of the screen, select "software updates" and tap the search for updates button. (BTW you might have an whole update, as PB OS got a recent 2.1.0.1753 release). If music player is missing it'll bring it back. Your PB must be connected to wifi and I strongly suggest you plug it into the wall charger.

Try this and let us know, before you go into something more hard core !
    Thqnks for the welcome but i have already checked all my folders and swipe up/down and left/right looking for it. I even went to myworld inthe bbw and it wasnt there. I also have the newest update.. Any other tries
    01-09-14 01:51 PM
    Thqnks for the welcome but i have already checked all my folders and swipe up/down and left/right looking for it. I even went to myworld inthe bbw and it wasnt there. I also have the newest update.. Any other tries
    wipe and restore....

C
    01-09-14 01:52 PM
    wipe and restore....

C
    Is there a way where i dont lose all my important info on here
    01-09-14 02:00 PM
    Two other thoughts. Have you tried a hard re-boot? Hold down volume up, volume down, and on/off buttons simultaneously until the PB shuts down, and then then red light comes on, indicating it's re-starting. That might help.

2nd thought - the BlackBerry Desktop software has an install and repair option. There are posts elsewhere in CrackBerry, as well as instructions on BB's web site, as to how to go about doing that. That might save you from a complete wipe and restore.
    01-09-14 02:03 PM
    Two other thoughts. Have you tried a hard re-boot? Hold down volume up, volume down, and on/off buttons simultaneously until the PB shuts down, and then then red light comes on, indicating it's re-starting. That might help.

2nd thought - the BlackBerry Desktop software has an install and repair option. There are posts elsewhere in CrackBerry, as well as instructions on BB's web site, as to how to go about doing that. That might save you from a complete wipe and restore.
    Tried thought one didnt work will try the 2nd later
    01-09-14 02:12 PM
    Also once you get everything situated or even before you wipe it, do a Back Up of everything you have now.
    Back ups although mundane they are life savers.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-14 02:24 PM
    Also once you get everything situated or even before you wipe it, do a Back Up of everything you have now.
    Back ups although mundane they are life savers.

Posted via CB10
    How do i back it up?
    01-09-14 02:29 PM
    Plug your Playbook into your computer. Depending on what you have run BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry Desktop Software.

http://m.crackberry.com/how-backup-a...lackberry-link

http://www.blackberryos.com/playbook...-playbook.html

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-14 02:33 PM
    run/install the desktop manager,,, DO NOT use bblink, you WILL lose some data upon restore like game progress, etc...

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...247A852FAD3647
    01-09-14 02:38 PM
    How do i back it up?
    everything you need to do a backup/restore is in the desktop manager,,, it will take up to an hour to do the back up & almost as long to do the restore depending on how much data/apps etc. you have...
    01-09-14 02:40 PM
    have you tried a hard restart??? hold the power & vol+ button ONLY 'til the icons show, (you don't need to hold all 3 buttons,,,, it doesn't do anything other than be awkward to do), continue to hold 'til they disappear,,, count to 3 & release,,, the red light will come on automatically telling you it's rebooting...
    01-09-14 02:42 PM
    PLus 1 for Neutron
    01-09-14 03:21 PM
    My kids deleted some folders/icons from my PlayBook. I couldn't get it back. I had shut it down for a few minutes (no three finger salute, just used the battery icon) to see if it would come back... no such luck. So, I did a full backup. Performed a wipe and went back to factory, saw the missing default icons but nothing else (no games, apps, etc except what came factory). Did a full restore and it went right back to the state before the wipe... those previously missing icons (like email, calendar, etc) went missing again. I ended up wiping a second time and manually restored the data files (docs, pics, videos) from a backup folder I had. Ended up re-downloading all my apps... lost all stored settings for those apps and had to redo. Just saying, before wiping, copy your files off if you can.
    01-09-14 04:07 PM
    Here you go man: https://mega.co.nz/#!ch8nlKCK!POgRPB...olDNpnm6qhncgE

Posted via CB10
    Bchapin likes this.
    01-09-14 04:37 PM